Friday, November 30, 2007

Footprints in Taiwan ....


Prelude: Singapore Changi Airport T1 - Taoyuan Airport T1


Today marks the day where we (the Leecher cum trouble-maker aka Keith Lim + me) depart for Taiwan for a 7D6N trip (F&E), taking Jetstar (though budget airline, but the air tickets still cost a freaking $556 bucks per person)


4 hrs in the sky without any in-flight entertainment system (gosh, I miss SQ flights). Thus, entertained myself by taking pictures of the sky + clouds. Different designs of the fluffy clouds in the day time and close to sunset.

Yeah, finally stepped onto Taiwan soil after a 4h 10 mins flight. A surprise awaits me when I stepped into the customs .... Gosh, I missed him totally and now, I am in the same land as he is, wa ha ha....

Took the Freego Bus from the Airport to the Hotel. First glimpse of Taiwan Ximending. Quite like Singapore, except for the neon signboards everywhere.
Checked into the hotel (Royal Castle Hotel) and went out immediately to the Metro Station (MRT) and bought the Easycard for our trip. Inserted NT$1000 into the machine for the NT$500 card. We ended up with NT$500 bucks of coins as the machine coughed out coins instead of notes ^_^


First stop: ShiLin Night Market
Shilin Night Market is located at JianTan Station on the Danshui Line.

Tons of yummy food await! Super hungry for we didn't had food for more than 6 hrs. Queued up for the famous Ji Pai, yummy~

Next, had this chicken burger. But it doesn't taste nice at all ... Yucks!

Leecher wanted to try the smelly beancurd -- he said that its a must try in Taiwan. OMG, I nearly puked when the food arrived at the table. It really smells like SHIT. But according to him, it tasted just like any other beancurd, but the unique combination with the pao chye is quite refreshing.

We also tried this Orr Wah Jian (Fried Oyster), but seriously, I think Singapore's version win hands down. Guaranteed chop. The wanton soup tastes not bad too ~~

The mango with aloe vera drink. Gosh, it tastes heavenly. Strongly recommended!

Went to the stall selling BBQ food. It seems to be quite famous, as there were a lot of celebrities pictures decorating the place. Leecher tried the pig blood cake. Meanwhile, I think the gal is quite pretty, so I secretly took a picture of her, haha.

I was super full after all the food, but apparently Leecher can still go on -I guess that body size does matter... So we walked to another store to try the Beef noodles and the Lu Rou Fan.

We crossed over to another section of the Night market and found this cute potato chip on a stick snack. But it just tastes like potato chips, sian.

After walking around the place, we headed back to the 7-11 near our hotel, where another surprise awaits me ...

Ha ha, what a wonderful end to my first day in Taiwan ~~

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails