Monday, September 26, 2011

Beijing Biz Trip May 2011 Day 4 P3

Owen had left for the airport early in the afternoon, while I stayed on for a meeting. Hence, I was left alone for the rest of the evening to venture out on my own.

Love the peace and quiet of the clubhouse, looking forward to another return :)

Wang Fu Jing street during late evening & night.

Bought local snacks for family and the sales people kept speaking to me in Korean and whispered amongst themselves in Chinese, thinking that I don't understand. They were shocked when I started talking in mandarin, lol!

2 bags full of goodies~

Back @ Da Dong again to try out more dishes!

The waiting crowd. I was told to be prepared to wait almost 45 mins for my table.

Didn't notice this tree previously, poor memory nowadays :(

Complimentary drinks while waiting for your table. If these are not enough, there's always the bar counter to rely on.

Framed awards/recognition decorating the walls.

Orange & mango + some alcohol, which tasted more like orange-mango juice instead of alcoholic drink.

Table layout

Oolong tea, to wash down the oiliness of peking duck later.

Slice, slice, slice

Bun & popiah, to wrap the peking duck.

With sweet sauce & cucumber ~

Pan-fried scallop. Love the twirled biscuit that came along with it - I had to resort to using my hands to break it apart into small pieces instead of making a din with my fork, knife and plate.

Foie Gras as my main :)

There was supposedly another dish but they missed out my order, so I had to cancel it. Well, that just gave me another reason to be back :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails