Wednesday, May 28, 2014

BKK Work Trip, Nov 2012: Erawan Shrine & The Garden Lounge

PB145006 copy 
 {Continuation from Part One} Leecher was sick over the weekend and he decided to recuperate at  home. His method of recuperation? Planting himself across the sofa in our living room and watching Apple TV. We watched a couple of dramas and variety shows - extremely unproductive, but we find it enjoyable that we share each other's interests in life :) Since I have spent most of the weekend doing basically nothing, I decided to switch on the comp and finish my last bit of blogging for BKK work trip.
PB144979
Grand Hyatt Erawan is situated close to the famous Erawan Shrine, which housed a statue of Phra Phrom, the Thai representation of the Hindu creation god Brahma. I have walked past this shrine a couple of times during my previous trips, but this is the 1st time that I stepped into the compound.
PB144981
I didn't pray, but just stood at the sidelines to observe the surrounding. At a small pavilion next to the shrine, there were performances by resident Thai dance troupes who are hired by worshippers in return for having their prayers answered at the shrine.
PB144988PB145001
Street vendors selling flowers as offerings are clustered outside the temple.
PB145011
I even managed to do some shopping within that short walk from Central World to the hotel #shopaholicatheart
***********
PB155016PB155014
Breakfast of scrambled eggs + salmon + bread before I begin my morning. I piled everything onto the bread and munch on it while packing my luggage + sorting out my work stuff.
PB155026  
After my round of clients' visits + meetings, I went back to the hotel for a late lunch and also, to pick up my luggage. I decided to check out The Garden Lounge, housed in the beautiful Atrium Lobby. 
 PB155033PB155036
 Fresh flowers are placed on every table :) Doesn't the glass of orange juice complements the flower?
PB155038PB155041PB155046
  Lunch :) Over the years, I have gotten used to having meals by myself. At times like this, my trusty iPhone is my companion, not to mention the dramas that I have stored on the phone. 
The Garden Lounge
Grand Hyatt Erawan, Lobby
Tel: +66 2254 6250
Operating Hours: 6am till 1am daily, Afternoon tea from 2.30pm to 6pm
IMG_3628IMG_3629
I was stuck in a jam on the way to the airport. The jam was so bad that even the driver had time to read his newspapers!
PB155047PB155049
I was famished by the time I reached the airport. I quickly ducked into a cafe and ordered a plate of basil chicken with steamed rice + thai ice tea before boarding the plane back to Singapore.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails