Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sunday Brunch: PS Cafe at Dempsey

P4308658 
 If I had to pick one cafe that I will head back, PS Cafe @ Dempsey will be on the top of my list. My first visit here was way back in 2009, where we had our Christmas team lunch together. Fast forward 5 years later, I'm still working with the same company but minus 2 other colleagues who left the company for other pastures. As I'm typing this, I recalled that the pri-school gang celebrated one of my birthdays here as well. So this marked the 3rd time I'm heading back to PS cafe, which is considered an achievement given that I rarely revisit cafes. 
P4308620 copy 
Heading towards Kaiwei & Yanni's house to pick them up for our double date, but the main agenda was to celebrate Yanni's birthday.
P4308657 copy
PS Cafe offer both indoor and alfresco seating options. If not for the sweltering heat, I would gladly jumped at the option of sitting outside to enjoy the scenery. Thus, we joined in the queue and waited for approx 45 min before we got a table indoors. It's a pity that they don't take reservations for weekend brunch at this outlet :(
P4308649 copyP4308646 copy
Handwritten menus has a certain charm over me, especially when the handwriting is so neat & tidy! Their dessert counter is strategically located at the entrance of the cafe, aimed to attack the dessert bugs in all of us, lol! 
P4308647 copyP4308652 copy
 Gigantic slices of cakes are displayed on cake stands. With a wide variety of cakes on display, ranging from carrot cake to butterscotch cake, my personal favourite is their signature double chocolate blackout cake served with dark chocolate sauce. It was a pity that we were too full from our brunch that we didn't get to order desserts :( Well, there is always next time!
   P4308622 copy
We finally got a table and immediately placed our orders.
 P4308629 
 Hot Chocolate for me, as usual.
 P4308628P4308627
Well, I can't really recall what the rest ordered for their drinks but it looked like Passionfruit French Fizzes and banana milkshake. Leecher had his daily brew of coffee which I concluded it wasn't worthy of a pic, haha.
P4308621 
Kaiwei & Yanni.
P4308640P4308642
We literally over-killed ourselves by ordering 1 main each and 2 side dishes. OK, I admit I ordered 2 mains as I was so famished that I thought I could finish everything. Leecher gave a skeptical look when I ordered but I brushed him aside and insisted on ordering my items, haha. 
P4308639P4308638
Instead of my usual eggs Benedict order, I opted for Blueberry & Banana Pancakes, which was blueberry pancakes topped with caramelised bananas served with fresh whipped butter and maple syrup. I'm definitely not a fan of bananas, so that got distributed out before I started eating. The pancakes were slightly fluffy and chewy, which was how I liked them to be. 
P4308637P4308635
An item from their daily special menu - Eggs Benedict on crab meat patty, served with salad by the side. We spotted this item on their chalkboard menu and Yanni decided to head for this. It was certainly a good choice, for the crab meat patty was really good. The 2nd dish that I ordered, Homemade Toasted Muesli - greek yoghurt and berry compote topped with homemade almond and seed, honey-toasted museli. I wasn't expecting a gigantic bowl of museli, lol! Leecher was literally giving me the how-are-you-going-to-finish-your-orders-stare which I kind of avoided and felt like kicking myself in the ass, haha. 
P4308633 
No visit to PS Cafe is ever completed without a plate of their PS Truffle Shoestring Fries, tossed with truffle oil, grated parmesan and parsley. Best for sharing! 
P4308634P4308631
PS Brunch Burger, served with wagyu beef and US chunk patty topped with gruyere cheese, wilted spinach, crispy smoked bacon, tomato, crispy onions, herby mayo and fried egg on a toasted sesame bun with PS fries and aioli. This is one huge serving of burger that even Kaiwei was struggling to finish. Leecher headed for Corned Beef Hash - homemade corned beef with crispy potato skins, grilled onions, chilli capsicum, cos and toast with a fried egg and homemade tomato relish. Leecher was pleased with his dish apparently for he didn't even leave some for me to try, boohoo! Well, I shall forgive him on that since I was struggling to finish my food, lol!
P4308661P4308660 
A trip to PS Cafe never fails my (food) expectation, for I'm sure we all added at least 1cm to our waistline after the meal, haha! A lovely place and quality brunch food options, I'm sure that we will be back again in the near future. 
PS Cafe at Dempsey
28B Harding Road
Singapore 249549
Tel/SMS: 9070 8782
Note: No reservations for weekend brunch

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails