Sunday, August 21, 2016

Melbourne Travelogue 06: Fun at Beach + The Bottle of Milk + Erskine Falls

A recent craze took over Singapore by storm and I was also playing the game too. Yes, Pokemon Go - the latest craze that kept me/us rather busy catching the pokemons which lead to me neglecting the blog. While I don't go to various locations specifically to hunt for it, I do enjoy the satisfaction when catching a rare pokemon or one with high CP. Before I neglect this space further, let me reminisce the GO journey.
On the way to Lorne, we drove past a beach and we made an impromptu decision to park the car and head down for a walk. It was the beginning of spring, so I suppose it was still too cold to head out so the beach was relatively empty, apart from some people walking their dogs. 
 
Ha, Leecher caught my oh-my-god-it's-so-cold look. Even though I had walked barefooted in the water previously, but the coldness of the water still caught me by surprise.  
Wearing Leecher's slippers! Yeah, I got him to join me since he missed out on the joy.
Needless to say, I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Yeah!
With the best travel buddy, though he is quite annoying at times. We spent a quiet late morning at the beach before our tummies grumbled to remind us that it was time for lunch.
 
We headed to The Bottle of Milk for lunch. The place was crowded when we arrived, but we managed to get a table for 2. We would love to sit outdoors and enjoy the weather, which explained why outdoor tables were filled up at a faster rate than indoor tables.
 
Since we weren't that hungry (I blame the snacks in the car), we ordered a burger and smoothie to share.  
 
Leecher ordered the Fire Engine and the burger came with prime beef, tasty cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, house mayo and homemade chilli paste. This burger was da bomb! I loved it so much that I devoured almost 3/4 of it. The burgers are served in freshly baked organic, sourdough bun which makes it slightly different from the rest of the burgers we tasted thus far. 
The Bottle of Milk
52 Mount Joy Parade, Lorne
Tel: +61 3 5289 2005
Opening Hours: 8AM till 8PM daily
 
After filling our tummies, we decided to work off the calories. We drove over to Erskine Falls and hiked to the waterfall.
 
The upper lookout is an easy 5-min walk from the car park. The lower lookout was a pretty easy hike initially, given that we just followed the steps down to the lookout. The real "adventure" came at the bottom of the waterfall, as you inched to get closer. We had to cross through a small river by stepping on rocks. The water was relatively shallow, but the rocks were slippery. I almost lost my balance when I stepped on a loose rock. Thankfully, I reacted in time but my shoes were wet :( 
  
One of the most popular waterfalls in the Otways, the Erskine Falls plunges 30m into the lush tree-fern gully of the Erskine River. As we ventured through, we tried our best to stay on the walking path instead of stepping on the ferns. This is one of the ways that we can help to preserve nature.
 
Our view after a mini hike - totally worth it to feel the cool mist on our faces with a grand view of the waterfall.
Erskine Falls
Erskine Falls Access Road, Lorne 
VIC 3232, Australia

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails