Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tom Ton

Today is the first Friday of the month of August, hence Blamer and I decided to go for something better tonight.

TomTon at Central.
Supposedly this is a restaurant that serves the legendary black pig or Berkshire Pig. It is said that the meat of the Berkshire pig is much more flavorful compared with our normal pink pig and that the restaurant is famous for their Tonkatsu.


The restaurant is separated into three sections. There are the window seats, the sushi bar counter and lastly cosy partitioned rooms just opposite the sushi bar. I think someone reserved the whole window seats section and the partitioned rooms, poor me and Blamer could only sit at the sushi counter. However, while waiting for our orders, we got to see how the chefs prepared the food.

Like this poor crab which was being chopped up. But he looked sort of fierce right?

Finally, my order, black pig soba. Was thinking of eating ramen initially but since this restaurant specializes in black pig, reckon I should try it.

The soba was so-so, however, this soup tat contains the goodness of the thinly sliced black pig was... ...

Mmm... ... Very nice!

Blamer ordered their katsu don. The meat was really tender and I quite like the sweet sauce that they served together with the egg and rice.

Oh and Blamer's set comes with miso soup, which contains not ur nornal tofu and seaweed. This bowl came with bits of pork, radish, corrects and lotsa spring onions.

They even serve complimentary fruits.

Highly satisfied couple. Although next time, I'm will try out their sukiyaki or their shabu shabu.

Ha ha, the random full body pic. How come I dun hv such pics? Maybe I shld start taking them. Ha ha.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails