Sunday, June 28, 2009

Good "Eat Out" at Lucky Plaza

Tired of the typical restaurants located along Orchard Road, my Indonesian colleague recommended that me and Blamer can try out the less mainstream eat outs at Lucky Plaza.

Ayam Bakar - I think this is located on the 3rd flr (or is it 2nd flr??) Anyways their signature dishes I supposed are the ones with the more blowed up pics, hence I ordered their grilled chicken rice while Blamer went for the fried version.

Condiments consisting of the regular sambal chilli on the right and the more unconventional one which I usually come across when I order Mee Soto at those Malay stores. It is still chilli sauce just that black soy sauce was used as the base I think.

The chicken came. It's interesting that for Indonesian cruisines, they usually serve it with the peanut thingy (red arrow pointing), this has quite an acquired taste which both Blamer and me can't get used to. The chicken frankly is a tad too hard both for the grilled and the fried. The sauce on the grilled chicken was also too sweet for me.

Nevertheless, just look at the background, the eatery was still packed but mainly with Indonesians.

After the meal, Blamer brought me to a Filipino eatery (this is definitely located on the 3rd flr), where they sell handmade kueh.

We picked two. One sweet corn and the other is black glutinous rice I think. The brownish flakes are fried grated coconut. Texture is quite chewy, prefered the corn to the glutinous rice in terms of taste. Very fragrant, the sweetness of corn bursting in your mouth with very bite.

All-in-all, this is a real economy way to fill ur stomach. Total cost less than SGD30 for two.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails