Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bali Day 4

Finally my turn to blog, haha - not that i didnt want to blog, but Leecher was happily blogging so I decided to let him have his way :) Woke up early to go water rafting @ Ayung River.

It was a 1.5hr journey from our apartment. While Leecher was busy meeting up with 周公, I was admiring the scenery.

Rice paddy fields that outline the Balinese landscape. I was disappointed that I couldn't cycle through the rice fields. I will definitely return to accomplish my task!

Finally, we arrived at the equipments' room. Being a non-swimmer, I was pretty scared at trying out rafting. However, the guide assured me that it's completely safe, so I decided to just give it a go.

I think Leecher's head looks super round here, haha.

All set & ready to go! It was a tedious walk from the equipments' room to the raft location. Along the way, Leecher took videos but once again, they were too large to be loaded.

Ok, no turning back for me at this point. Boy, I was actually getting excited by the seconds :)

1/4 way down Ayung River. That's our guide, Wayang. In Balinese culture, Wayang means the eldest child of the family, thus, it is also the most common name.

Our team mates :) It was their virgin attempt @ rafting too, so our guide had to work extra hard to navigate the raft across the rapids & currents. It was difficult to ignore the charms that the picturesque rice paddy fields & the cooling waterfalls held as we rafted along the river. No pictures as we couldn't risk getting Dent Dent wet.

We were pretty exhausted by the time we reached the ending point. I was slightly disappointed that we didn't try the steepest rapid drop. Another must-do on my agenda :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails