Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Japan Day 8

Today marks the start of the second part our journey in Japan as we prepare to move to our next accommodation in Tokyo.

But before that, a few shot of our current stay at Shinsaibashi Weekly Mansion.

Disarray small but very cozy sleeping area.

Attached bathroom with surprisingly a bathtub!

Microwave to warm up bentos and those Nissins cup noodles. Also the clean water kettle saved us the effort of purchasing drinking water.

Small tv and fridge. Not as impressive as in Taiwan where we get to watch more channels. In Japan, they practice pay per view.

Easy to use air-con cum heater. Till today, I still think the bed and breakfast we stayed in London has heating facilities. Just that Blamer and I were too inexperience to operate it and too shy to ask the owner how.

Sadly, we got to return the tickets.

On board the Nozomi to Tokyo. I think it is the fastest train in Japan because it gets to skip more stations than the Hikari. But the cost is much higher than Hikari tickets.

Yippee after braving the rain and cold and much help from the friendly people of Japan, we finally managed to locate our next accommodation. A word of advice, if you are planning to explore Japan on your own and move from place to place. Travel LIGHT! And I mean really light! I think we lost a couple of pounds lugging and dragging five pieces of luggage through the stations.

First glance from the door, and I guess you can pretty much make out the whole room. Space is definitely a luxury in Japan.

Basin and electric stove.

TV, phone and internet cable.

Small but well equipped bathroom. Again it comes with a bathtub. Yippee!

And most importantly, a big comfortable bed!

Transferring to Tokyo used up most of our time. Another lesson learned when traveling is to avoid shifting accommodations unless absolutely necessary as it usually takes up a day of your time. If not try to arrange for those overnight train rides where you get to save at least one night of accommodation. As such, we only got to visit Mitsui Outlet Park for the day.

And only Blamer managed to get what she wanted : ( I walked away empty-handed.

Guessed I got to cheer myself up at this happy looking restaurant instead.

Blamer still elated over her purchase.

A look at their menu tells me everything is quite economically priced.

And you can pick and mix your own tempura.

I ordered curry rice but am disappointed that it has no meat in it.

Luckily I had some tempura to go with my food.

Blamer ordered their beef udon.

Disappointed but still the curry was tasty enuf for me to clean off my plate.

It seems that the Twilight Trilogy has spread to the Land of the Rising Sun as well. Blamer insisted I take a pic of her with the poster.

On the way back, we came across a long queue of people waiting to buy a box of this chocolate. Suckers as we are, we bought a box too!

3 comments:

Katherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine said...

Hi, chance upon your blog some time ago, and had been following thru since. :) Nice & interesting blog. Keep it going! :)
Just like to check w you, can you porvide me the name of the htl you stayed while in Tokyo?
Been to Tokyo before too, but just checking for other htl options as planning to go there again this year end... :)
Thanks. :)

:: footprintsallover :: said...

Hi I Love Blogging!

Thanks for the compliment! We will try to keep the blog as entertaining as we can for our readers :)

I've been staying in service apartments during my Japan trip.

Click on this URL and you can choose the location which you wish to stay at.

http://www.wmt.co.jp/en/ourbrands/index.html

We stayed @ Ueno for the Tokyo leg :)

Have fun for your Japan trip! If you need more information, do email us at our email addresses indicated at the side bar :)

Cheers,
Caihong

Related Posts with Thumbnails