Wednesday, February 2, 2011

5th Year Anniversary

Backdated post cos we were too busy these past few weeks with the renovation of our love nest! But no matter how busy I am, I won't forget to celebrate Blamer's birthday.

Brought her to White Rabbit which she wanted to come since ages ago. Greatly recommended by my friends cos of the ambiance.

The settings reminded me of a chapel with that wonderful stained glass window, which of cos since the restaurant and bar is housed in a beautifully restored chapel... You should really check out their cool website http://www.thewhiterabbit.com.sg/

Our menu tonight, decided to go for their set meal since there's a promotion going on and Blamer was too lazy to decide wa ha ha.

We checked out Prive previously, and after the "bread" experience, Blamer pays special attention to the bread basket nowadays. I say Prive still serves up the best breads till date.

Before the start of our meal, exchange of presents! Blamer came up with the idea of handcrafting a photo frame each for out 5th Year Anniversary. Check out the bow...

My master piece for Blamer. Not bad right? Photo was chosen from her first overseas trip with my family and the wishes we made together on our 天灯. (hint hint)

And Blamer's choice of photo... ...

A side by side comparison... So who is the winner?

First dish, Amuse Bouche. No idea what was coming up, so we were pretty surprised by the presentation of this dish. Something like chawamushi, steamed egg with mushrooms bits and stock, really warmed up our stomach for what

Bean salad with tiger prawns. I think this was pretty normal, of cos the prawns are fresh and succulent, but nothing really spectacular that's worth mentioning for this dish.

Blamer's favourite dish. Pan-fried foie gras with pear chutney and salad. Really love the way the foie gras melts away in the mouth, releasing all the flavours at the same time. But I made the shocking discovery that Blamer can only take goose liver and not duck liver. If it is foie gras made from duck liver, she will feel nauseous after taking it. Talk about 贵妇嘴。

My order of Pan-Fried Cod with green pea puree and beurre blanc. Couldn't put a finger on the texture of the fish. It was really chewy, never tasted cod fish this way, usually they are flaky and breaks away easily.

Blamer's Medallion of Beef Tenderloin with Truffle Sauce on the other was much more pleasing to the palate. Beef was done just right, medium well, tender on the inside, slightly charred on the outside.

Remembered to take a photo with food still on the table.

Lastly the dessert, Chocolate Trifle with Fresh Berries.

Had a great night though there was a slight blunder hee hee. Will be back to try out their main stays instead of the set.

Edited with Blamer's note below:

Leecher won't forget to celebrate my bdae, but he conveniently forgot about my bdae cake! When we were at the restaurant, there were bdae celebrations all around us - 2 tables away from us, behind us and beside us. I thought that my turn would come soon; with the waiter coming from behind with the bdae cake & candle and blah blah blah. So, I waited and waited and waited.

When we finished dessert, I thought that my bdae cake would come next. However, Leecher signaled to the waiter, asking for the bill. I could not contain it anymore and asked "Dear, where's my bdae cake?!"

The expression that Leecher gave me was CLASSIC - the plain-I-have-forgotten-look.
How on earth could he have forgotten when there are 3 bdae celebrations around us? So irritated & that's how blur he is! Thank god for the bdae cake that Yuxin and Ivan got for me earlier.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Hahaha! u both are a funny couple... is okay lah... as long as he loves you lot... Happy belated birthday! :)

:: footprintsallover :: said...

thanks katherine!

ya, but i got my lil cake in the end, haha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails