Monday, March 25, 2013

Forty Hands and Ben & Jerry's

While sorting out files on my laptop (over the weekend), I was surprised to see a folder "Pics from Pus Pus", which contained pics that we took when we first bought the camera. Boy, there were a lot of pictures inside the folder, so here I am starting on my 1st entry for the week. Also, to get me distracted on packing my bags for KL tomorrow. A lazy Sunday afternoon hangout with the Uni gang @ a cafe which I've been wanting to check out - Forty Hands! In case you're wondering why the pictures in this post look different from the rest, these pictures were taken a long time ago when we first bought Pus Pus. While the pictures looked OK on-screen, the dimensions looked kinda weird when putting in on the blog. It took me quite a while to figure this out, given that I usually blog way behind time.
A sunny day out @ Yong Siak Street. This old neighbourhood exudes a certain charm that you can't find in the other new estates. 
 
Bright cheery colours welcomed us as soon as we came out of the car! 
 
The place was extremely packed even though it was nearly 1pm! We had to search high and low for a table of 5.  
 
Leecher entertaining himself while waiting for the rest to come.   
 
Old-school milk tins used to contain sugar. I'm a sucker for all things that reminds me of my schooling days, lol! 
 
With the help of the store's assistant, we managed to grab a table in the backyard of the shop. They even put a "Reserved" sign on the table. The backyard was very cramped, with no aircon, which didn't make our stay enjoyable given that the weather was rather humid.
Trying out different modes of the new camera while waiting for the guys to place their orders.
Coffee VS Tea, which would you prefer?
 
Love birds, lol!
 
Kenneth being solo today - why nv bring GF out? 
 
Leecher be his substitute then, lol! 
The food were all served in old-school looking dishes - scoring average on presentation & food, but achieved high marks for the nostalgic feel. It was said that Forty hands served one of the best coffee around ~ I'm not a coffee lover, but those around me did not heap praises either. As for me, I'll say skip the brunch and head here just for pastry, like their signature ta sau bao (which was sold out!)
Forty Hands
78 Yong Siak Street, #01-12
Singapore 163078
Closed on Mondays
 
Deep in discussion on where we should head next. We all wanted to escape the scorching sun, but the guys spent a long time discussing where to go next, lol! Sometimes guys are more troublesome than girls. 
Kenneth testing out Pus Pus and he really like the touch of the camera :) 
Headed over to Great World City for ice-cream, the much needed antidote for a hot weather.
 
While the rest were deep in discussion on what to get
.
.
.
.


 
Boss EK enjoying his game of chess on the ipad, truely #likeaboss! 
 
Ben & Jerry's
Great World City Outlet
1 Kim Seng Promenade #02-40A
Singapore 237994
Tel: 6836 0814

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails