Monday, August 5, 2013

Family Outing: Desaru Fruit Farm Tour Part Two

******
Happy Monday! Don't you all love this week for we are just 2 days away from the long weekend :) I'm so looking forward to just spending time at home with Leecher & perhaps, go visiting cafes again. It has been a long time since my last Sunday Brunch entry . Since then, I  I have listed more cafes that I want to try to my ever-growing list. All that is left is finding time to drag my lazy body out of our comfy house :p
The 2nd installment of our fruit farm visit :) Halfway through the tour, we had a little break at Koi pond, where you are free to roam around the area for picture taking, having a drink etc.
Kids crowded around the koi pond to feed the fishes. Whenever I see koi fishes, it will remind me of those flags that I often see in Doraemon cartoon
.
.
.
 "Koi" actually comes from the japanese word meaning "carp". Japanese families will fly these carp-shaped flags to celebrate Children's Day. Additionally, koi are symbols of love and friendship in Japan.
  
with Leecher :) 
 
Our tour guide, Ina taking a break & seeking shelter underneath the trees. 
 
Dear Leecher also took the chance to rest his tired legs. 
with Eleen.  
Leecher spotted this mini durian & brought it to me. Knowing how much I hate durian, but this was definitely too cute to miss.
 
Fits nicely into my palm :) Even though it was a miniature, but the thorns still hurts! I had to hurry Leecher to snap the pic as the sharp thorns were pricking into my skin. 
 
We spotted a bunch of miniature banana too!
 
Bees! The farm had an educational bee keeping program, where we sat through the talk at the end of the tour.
 
We walked through the plantation, where we saw hectares of land filled up with all kinds of fruit trees. Even though we were tempted to pluck the fruits, but the nearby warning sign kept our hands in check :)  
 
Be prepared to be fined RM500!
 Another lil surprise awaits for us at the end of the walk!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails