Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sunday Brunch: Symmetry Cafe

P9291498 copy  
I love to sleep in during weekends, especially when its the rainy season. While we experienced a thunderstorm early in the morning, I was up early at 8am preparing to head out for a morning brunch date with BFF :) Even though I made reservation 1 week prior to the meetup, I was told that they only have 10am slot available. Wow, good business huh!
P9291550 
Hidden at a corner of Jalan Kubor, we took ages to find this place for we parked at the opposite side of the road, not knowing that Jalan Kubor is divided into 2 different parts. We were walking around in circles before calling BFF and realising our mistake, lol!
 P9291549
Even though it was a cold & wet morning, I was greeted with a lovely smile upon entering the cafe. The small cafe was packed with people despite the heavy downpour. Symmetry cafe is a cafe by day & restaurant bar by night. Taking inspiration from both Australian casual dining culture and French cuisine, Symmetry presents an unique dining experience with an emphasis on sharing.  
P9291519 
Latte ($5.50) that came along with a gingerboy cookie :) I sneaked it off the saucer & ate it before Leecher could realise anything. 
 P9291524P9291506
BFF went for Nectar Smoothie ($10) which was banana milkshake with honey. I'm not a fan of banana so I didn't try this. Banana to me is akin to jackfruit to Leecher. I had a bottle of Mandarino ($7), served with crushed ice. Instead of a usual plastic straw, the straw that came along was made of metal. I wasn't used to drinking from the metal straw, so I drank from the cup instead. 
  P9291540P9291542 
With BFF + Jonah! Less than 3 months to their big day & honestly, I can't wait! Haha, can't wait to marry BFF off, lol!
P9291525 
We ordered 3 items from their starters for trying. First up, we had prawn popcorn ($17) served with wasabi seaweed remoulade. Recommended by BFF, this was highly addictive!
P9291527 
 Symmetry Caesar Salad($18) served with romaine lettuce, caesar dressing, pancetta, quial egg, toast and smoked salmon. Besides smoked salmon, you can choose either bacon or chicken.  
P9291530  
Corn Fritata ($17) served with potato, crab, avocado, spring onion, tomato, cheese, corn, egg and mesclun. The first few mouthfuls were good but after that, it tasted ordinary. Egg was unevenly distributed, with a full egg on one piece while the other had none. Not sure if this was intentional though. 
DSC_0373DSC_0374P9291538
  Our brunch spread :) I'm kinda hungry now looking at these food pics.  P9291533 
Leecher ordered Flan ($23), which consisted of pork cheek, saute wild mushroom, onion, poached eggs, cream, parmesan and pommery mustard. This can be an overkill for the small eaters but Leecher managed it well, lol! I had a small bite of pork cheek and it was so tender that it melted in my mouth. 
P9291534 
 Jonah's Big breakfast ($24) set, served with 2 eggs of your choice, maple glazed bacon, chicken cheese sausage, hash potato, mushroom, tomato, mesclun, jam & toast. With so many items on the set, this is one hearty meal for the big eater :)
 P9291536 
BFF ordered their pork collar croissant ($19), which came with watercress, pork collar, caramelized onion and hickory sauce. I tried a bite of the croissant and was slightly disappointed with it. The croissant lacked both flavour (doesn't smell buttery) nor the bite (not chewy).
P9291531  
Lastly, I knew I had to order this as soon as I spotted this item on the menu - truffle eggs mushroom ($21), a combination of 2 of my fave food :) Truffle scrambled eggs, served with saute wild mushroom, tomato, hash potato, mesclun, jam & toast. Instead of the usual butter, we had raspberry butter on our toast! Unfortunately for me, this dish wasn't up to my expectation :( Both the truffle eggs + saute mushrooms were too salty for me. What a pity!
DSC_0376 
with the hubby
P9291544 
Even though I was filled to the brim (I didn't even finish my main course!), we went ahead with dessert :) They offered a range of items for desserts, ranging from cakes to waffles to french toast. We ordered their waffles ($16) & boy, I love it!! The waffles were crispy& drizzled with maple syrup, so yummy! I had mine loaded with hazelnut chocolate + peanut butter :) 2 toppings that you can't go wrong with. 
DSC_0386P9291552DSC_0388P9291553 
 The rain had stopped by the time we stepped out of the cafe, so we took pics outside. We brought along the same Cath Kidson bag that I lugged home from London :) 
Symmetry Cafe
9 Jalan Kubor #01-01
Singapore 199206
Tel: 6291 9901

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails