Monday, September 15, 2008

Fave movie of the year - Wall-E

Caught 3 movies so far this year (complimentary across various sources :P, yeah!)

1. The Dark Knight was pretty exciting with super effects, cool gadgets and impressive acting (the late Heath Ledger as Joker truely deserves the little golden man)

2. The Mummy 3 was kinda crappy. No actions (or the lack of good action) & lame acting. Tried too hard to be funny. All the time, my head was going dizzy from the less-than-impressive effects. I should count my lucky stars that this was FOC, for I would have banged my head against the wall for wasting money on such a crappy show.

3. Wall - E. This has officially become my fave movie of the year, never mind that we still have another 3 months to close off the year. I saw the trailer for Wall-E while waiting for the screening of The Mummy 3 and told Leecher that I must watch this movie. So, on the day of release, I dragged Leecher to watch this movie :)

As we had to exchange our complimentary passes for tickets, we couldn't go through any online booking. So, poor me had to keep monitoring the online booking system of GV to make sure that we wont make a wasted trip. I am not going to sit at the first 2 rows for this movie. Heng, we managed to get pretty good seats, haha

We only had 20 mins for our dinner though :( Polished off the tim-sum and rushed to the cinema for our movie. 97 mins, enjoyed every single minute of it.

This movie was supposedly to be educating us about the environmental issues, but I was more captivated by the love that Wall-E has for Eve :) Simple and sweet, I can't recall the number of times that I go "awwwwww" in the cinema whenever Wall-E did something for Eve, be it taking care of her while she was "in coma", chasing her across the universe when he thought that she was being "kidnapped" , protecting her and helping her to accomplish her "mission". To Wall-E, all he ever wanted was to hold Eve's hand, which he sees it as a sign of love. Sometimes, love is just so simple & sweet, pure & innocent ....

Love it when Wall-E goes "Eeeeeee.....vvvvvvvv.......aaaaaaaaa". Wall-E only knows how to say Eve & directive (which is mission in Robot's lingo)

Ya, I am in love with the both of them.

I wanna get a Wall-E & Eve toy, anyone knows where to get it?

While I am smitten with Wall-E, Leecher thinks Eve is more chio, cuz she looks classier. So now, we have got imaginary bf & gf for ourselves, LOL

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails