Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Picnic @ Botanic Garden

Leecher & Blamer are off for their 2nd picnic :) decided to try something different on a lazy Sunday afternoon, so I suggested going for a picnic @ Botanic Gardens

This outing doesn't come easy though....

*rewind back to 2 hrs before we actually meet up*

First, when Leecher was making his 爱心 "Leecher Sandwich" @ his place (using the ingredients that I paid with MY money), it was raining over @ my place. So I told Leecher to take his time since I needed time to get ready too.

1.5 hrs has passed ... Bright & sunny @ my place. I was all set and ready to go off ~ Leecher called ...

Leecher: eh (didn't even bother to call me darling or what-so-ever), it's thunderstorm @ my place leh
Me: hmm, I set off first, since my journey time is longer than urs. You just continue to wait for the rain to become lighter.
Leecher: ok, see u
***********
The rain decided to play another trick on us by choosing to rain (slightly) just when we're stepping foot into the garden :( how to picnic like that? so we walked to the food court and waited ... take pics first den talk, hahaa

looks botanic garden-ish in the background? :P

Waited for 1/2 hr before we decided to venture into the park, but which direction to go?

Of cuz it's back to the same spot whereby we picnic-ed last time ... can feel the peaceful aura?

Normally, there will be a lot of pple picnic-ing on this huge patch of grass, but due to the rain previously, everyone retreated to the pavilions. However, the trees are there for a reason, rite? So we continue to picnic under the tree and surprisingly, well-sheltered from the slight drizzle :)

See, so empty behind us. Heck, we can have the whole field to ourselves, haha ... We're super hard-core in picnic-ing :)

Unrevealing our picnic "basket"... comes equipped with forks, spoons, plastic glass, napkins, knifes and a bottle opener, which Leecher has decided to put it to good use
.
.
.
.
.
.

to open the bottle of beer that he brought along

The mini radio & UNO cards that we brought to have some fun. I decided to be healthy and go with my orange juice

It's time for the 爱心 "Leecher Sandwich" to make its appearance :) *I didn't have a clue on what it contains nor looks like at this pt*

so excited ~

Unwrapping the aluminum foil with caution, dunno if it looks nice/edible or not??

Gasp, surprised that it turned out so well! *utter shockness*

Posing with my love sandwich, wa ha ha

Taking the first bite, YUMMY!

Meanwhile
.
.
.
.
.
.

Leecher decided that he also wants to act "surprised" at receiving the sandwich, LAME duck.

Ok la, give him credit for making the sandwich looks edible (in fact, pretty good) *heehee*

Wa, the sandwich got 层次感, not bad sia ....

In case you guys think I went empty-handed rite, you're so wrong - hahaha

I got asked my mum to help me prepare this prawn & egg treat... LOL. Supposed to be a salad thingy, but we ran out of salad sauce @ home, so have to eat it just like that, hahaa :P

Prawn wrapped in vegetables with egg ...

Leecher decided to go healthy after finishing his beer, DUH?

Enjoying the after-rain sun underneath the tree, playing UNO with the loser having to finish up the left-over food, lying down and reading magazines side-by-side - simply bliss, esp with Leecher by my side *shy shy*

We spent the whole afternoon just lazing around (aka nua-ing), so relaxed ^_^ ... wanted to walk around the garden but nua-ness took over our hearts/minds and we decided to just pack up and go home, hahahaa ...

However, we did visit the Swan Lake on the way out ....

only 2 swans left in the lake .... I wonder if the swans are cob (male) or pen (female)? If not, how come no cygnet(s) around after soooooo long?

Pics with the swans (who decided to turn their backs as soon as we wanted to pose for pictures, idiot rite)
And lastly .....

Leaving our footprints, once again, at Botanic Gardens :)

*YEAH*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails