Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Kite Flying

Guess where am I going with an ugly looking bag and dressed in shorts and flip-flops.

Marina Barrage for picnic and Blamer's virgin kite flying experience.

Always reminded me of the design sch @ NTU when I walked up this ramp.

Great view on top of the barrage.

What about the view here?

My specially prepared picnic basket for Blamer.

Complete with fruits, drinks and even a portable radio.

My yummi-li-cious 爱心 sandwiches. Black-pepper ham with hard-boiled eggs, lettuce, tomatoes and crunchy Japanese mini cucumbers topped with calcium rich cheese.

Bon-appetit!

Love the cups that came with the picnic basket. I still remember the basket was a free gift when I applied for my very first credit card.

After filling up our stomachs, it's time for Blamer's virgin kite-flying experience.

Let's go!

Now the teacher to demonstrate... ...

Not a very windy day though.

If you don't believe me, look, other people were having problems too.

Blamer's turn. Boasting that she would be able to get the kite flying.

Which was actually not too bad.

Whoa and the kite caught the wind.

Looking real good.

But then someone else's kite got tangled with ours and we got to start all over again.

Weren't successful after that, we decided to call it a day when announcement started blaring from the speakers asking us to evacuate from the open area due to possible thunder storm ahead.

Still a lot of ppl flying their kites as we packed up to leave.

A little disappointed that our kite weren't amongst them.

Anyways Blamer seems pretty happy about her accomplishment.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails