Friday, December 17, 2010

KL Biz Trip Feb 2010

I was pretty much shuffling b/w SG and Malaysia this year, with trips to KL & JB almost every month. Business Trip to KL in late Feb, in T2 with the usual 8.35am flight to KL.

I was away for the last week of Feb, with 2 days in KL & 4 days in Phuket (more on Phuket trip in later posts).

@ the airport waiting for my travel buddy. Ya, that's when I just cut my fringe, 10 months ago.

Morning flights to KL means I have to grab my breakfast @ airport

The long check-in queue.

Waiting to board the plane

*****
45 mins later, we landed @ KL International Airport. I was so sound asleep onboard that Rinta had to wake me up :)

We decided to try something different this time round - to take the train into KL central instead of our usual cab ride.

RM35 per pax for 1-way trip

The waiting area for trains, spot my fave travel partner!

Pretty much like the Japanese trains! *miss Japan badly, but Leecher did hinted of a trip in the future, god knows when*

Scenery along the way to Central KL, which is approx 0.5hrs away from the airport.

Switched to a cab once we alighted at the station. I had my first unpleasant encounter where I met dishonest people! We had to purchase taxi tickets from the counter, to take us to hotel. Ticket costs RM$15 and I gave the male cashier a RM$50 note. He returned my change & I just walked away. Seconds later, instinct told me that something is wrong and true enough, I counted my change, only to discover that he returned RM$25 instead of RM$35. You may think that it could be his careless mistake, but when he saw me back at the counter like 5 seconds later, he immediately handed me RM$10 bucks when I haven't even spoken a single word. The Singaporean lady who was queuing in front of me experienced the same thing as well! Cheater!

Unpleasant feelings aside, we headed to our hotel. Instead of Marriott, we decided to try Traders' Hotel this time round as it was closer to our clients & we wanted to stay near KLCC instead of Bt Bintang. Arrival @ Traders' Hotel.

Check in @ 5th Floor instead of your usual lobby.

Mental note to visit Skybar Pool during the next visit. I heard it's fabulous.

A visit to the restaurant first, famished!

Just in time for their lunch buffet :)

Huge selection of food on display, I gave up taking pictures and giving into my hunger pangs.

After a hearty meal, check-in to my "apartment" for the next 2D1N

Woohoo! Love the bed! Sorry Leecher, none for you, wa ha ha.

The clean & modern decor. I was chatting with Rinta about home decor and it turned out that one of her fren replicated her bathroom against Mandarin Oriental's bathroom. However, none of the hotels that I have visited had the theme that we had in mind :(

Awesome view of the twin towers from my room.

Snacks in between clients' meetings. I'm always hungry whenever I stepped out from long meetings!

Went back to the hotel after our last meeting to change into casual wear for dinner.

The hotel provides cabby rides to-and-fro KLCC, cool!

The quiet scene of KLCC park & garden. You can opt to walk along the garden or ride the cabby to reach KLCC. Either way, it's very convenient.

We had a craving for local specialties, so we headed to Little Penang Cafe for dinner.

Coincidentally, we were wearing polka dots, not to mention the countless times where we will end up wearing the same colour combi to work.

Strolled back to Traders' via the garden walkway.

Night view from my room. Pity I was too tired to enjoy & headed off to bed after shower.

*****
Rise and Shine!

Headed downstairs for breakfast only to be greeted by lots of people.

Morning perk-me-up.

I eat like a mouse for the 1st meal of the day.

Client brought us to eat Dim Sum for lunch! Love the egg tarts. Wanted to pack them back but they were sold out for the day :(

My snack before boarding SQ for the flight back. Flight was delayed for about 1hr and home around 9pm. Rushed to pack my luggage for Phuket trip & boarded the plane 8 hours later! More on Phuket when we have the time :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails