Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Leecher's Bdae Treat

The birthday celebration continued with a bdae treat @ Capricci.

Capricci, located along Tanjong Pagar road, is the latest creation of Massimo Aquaro. Translated into "caprices" in English, the aptly named restaurant offers fine Italian cuisines that seek to satisfy all its patrons. I've made the reservation 2 weeks in advance, just so we could secure a seat :)

The restaurant was relatively empty when I reached, even though I was already late for the reserved timing. Guess punctuality is not very high on Sporean's list, me guilty as charged. Leecher made me wait for 30 mins before he showed up, which the manager cheekily teased him by saying he's a very lucky man (to have me waiting for him!)

The 3 course meal for the bdae boy consisted of orange perfumed maguro tuna tartare with avocado puree (appetizer), lemon zest perfumed risotto with pan seared fresh scallop and sweet Spanish cherry wine reduction (mains) and finished the meal with bounette ala piemontese (cocoa pudding) with crushed amaretti biscuits.

3 course meal for me consisted of John Dee grass fed beef tenderloin tartare with truffle oil, shaved parmesan and arugula (appetizer), ravioli of authentic Italian cheese fondue and mushroom, on a bed of homemade sausage and cherry tomatoes (main) and my choice of sweet - panna cotta drizzled with strawberry coulis.

As usual, Leecher get to pick his wine for his dish. Look at how happy he is :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails