Saturday, December 22, 2007

Footprints in London - Food!

Training Week @ London Office - FOOD =)

Wanted to blog abt my training wk, but I gathered that everyone will be bored to death reading what I have learnt, thus, I decided to blog abt food instead, hee.

I used to think that London doesn't have much food variety, but I was so wrong! Well, some taste not too bad, while some sucks totally. Here's what I have eaten during my 5 days in the office.

I was craving for Asian food, Remi + Anne took us out for lunch at this restaurant near our office. I ordered the Malaysian curry, but sad to say, I think my mum can cook better.

Ordered this sandwich, sucks totally. If not for my chilli sauce, I think I won't be able to eat this at all.

This honey-spicy chicken bagel was not bad. Bought this at a bagel shop at Liverpool station and was hot when they packed it. A 3 mins walk back to the office, it was cold |||

This green curry cost a freaking 15 pounds (45 Sing), not too bad (the cashew nuts saved the day). I hereby conclude that hotel food sucks totally. Last time I ordered room service from them.

Krispy Kreme! Managed to find a stall located at Liverpool station. Bought 2 (chocolate-coated with sprinkles and original-glazed) to try. With my daily dosage of PG tips, heavenly. (a pity that the donuts were not warm and slightly sweet, but nevertheless, tasty)

I wanted to try sausages and mash, thus, Anne and Remi brought us to this S&M cafe (which I brought Leecher to when he arrived in London)

I ordered the traditional Mix (2 sausages + mash) and it was good! People who know me will know that I am not the biggest fan of mash, but this mash is one-of-a-kind. Remi's order of traditional English Breakfast. I think this is the only decent and delicious meal that I had so far ....

This cheerful-looking shop is located near the hotel and it's the must-visit place for cheap and good breakfast. This is traditional English breakfast, which costs 2.50 pounds. I only managed to finish 1/2 of it. Trevor finished everything and he was so full that he waited till its 4pm before he went to grab lunch.

Had my chocolate croissant with PG tips, love it.

Went to this traditional English pub for drinks before heading for dinner. Requested for a picture with Richard (my boss). He looks totally like a family-man, heehee.

We had our Support Team dinner at this award-winning CANTEEN restaurant (which, once again, Leecher requested for me to bring him to). It was packed with people though it's a Wednesday night.

George with his fish, Sarah's order of pie + vegetables (according to her, it's yummy) and my order of roasted chicken. There was no chilli sauce to go with and at one point in time, I was super tempted to take out the McDonald's chilli sauce in my bag. However, well, must think of my image, so I ate it as it is ... still not too bad.

Dessert time! Pie with a scope of vanilla ice-cream, jelly + ice-cream with traditional short-bread.

Looks like after the Sausage + Mash meal, every meal in London is getting better and better. Remi brought me to this Italian restaurant and the name of the restaurant is ME-N-U ( i thought it's MENU at first, haha)

When my pizza came, I was shocked. It was sooooo huge, almost covering the whole of my face *faint* but it's delicious!

Of cuz, here's a picture of me, posting with my huge pizza (I had a good hair-day, yeah!)

Richard (my boss) told me that I must try London Pride before I leave London, so the gang brought me to this traditional English pub for drinks. I ordered the half-pint London Pride and it's not too bad (I don't really like alcohol), but nevertheless, I didn't finished it, haha. I prefer Remi's drink (sweet and fruity with a tinge of alcohol), but I can't remember the name of it, haiz =(

This is my favourite meal in the whole of London, GREEK food. Remi brought us to this Greek restaurant near her place and it was one of John's fave restaurant. OMG, I totally love the food and decor of the place!

We ordered the meat and fish platter. The 2 racks that you see are actually different kinds of "sauces" (can't remember the exact word to describe) to go with the bread (see the top of the rack)

I didn't touch the Greek salad (which later became Remi's lunch the day after), but it was yummy according to Trevor.

Had the beef meat-balls, chicken wings and lamb. Not a fan of lamb, but I must say its quite delicious. I decided to try the olive, yucks, spit it out immediately while Trevor and Remi had a good laugh over it.

This meal costs 55 pounds, which I picked up the tab for thanking Remi for the warm welcome that she gave to us.

On the last day of training, Anne brought us to Dirty Dicks for English Fish and Chips, yummy!

And my last dinner of my training week, I had this:


Packed chicken wrap with mineral water, haha. Quite anti-climax, but because everyone was busy, I was too paiseh to ask them to bring me out for dinner. So I went to pack this back to the hotel to eat, counting down to the time whereby Leecher will set foot in London.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails