Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Japan Day 9 P3

I seriously thought that we have finished ALL Japan postings until FMQ raised a question:

FMQ: did you guys try tempura in Japan?
Leecher & me: Yes, we did ... it's damn good!
FMQ: but I didn't see it on your blog. I read every post diligently!

Leecher & me looked at each other .... the OH-NO-don't tell me we left out a post look on our faces!

So, the final post on Japan, just for the beloved GF :) from where this post is supposed to continue:

Japan Day 9 P1
Japan Day 9 P2
(for your reference, if you guys are interested)

Walking back to Shinjuku Station from Yodaibashi Camera, in search for the next destination.

Another shopping mall, which I can't rem the name of it. Anyone to enlighten me?

The reason that makes it worthwhile!

The highlight of the night - tempura feast @ Tsunahachi Tempura.

The menu which contained all the yummys :)

Opted for the counter seats, so we can catch all the action.

Beer & tea - Leecher die die also want to try out their beer while I refused to touch anything cold.

English eating instructions prepared for non-Japanese. We spotted a guy with lonely planet in his hands inside the shop. Guess this place is very popular with locals and foreigners.

Radish condiments, I think.

We ordered the Special Tempura Zen set menu which consists of the following:

Two Tempura Prawns, the batter was light and crispy. Strangely, although tempura is a deep fried dish, the prawns weren't oily at all.

Leecher was super excited for his first bite of the tempura!

Two seasoned vegetables, which a non-veg lover like me kept stealing from Leecher's plate.

Miso soup, flavoured with lots of small clams *slurp slurp*

Conger Eel. We witnessed how the eel was killed alive, so imagine the freshness. The flesh was soft and fluffy.

Two seasoned fish & cuttlefish, which were all cooked in the secret-mouth-watering batter.

Shrimps ball - you just cant get enough of the batter! Crispy and slightly savory, not those oily types we often find in Singapore, that softens after a while. I wish I can fly to Tokyo just for this, again .... but I shall leave my beloved FMQ to finish the task for me. Savor every bite!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

u know, your jpn posts makes me so looking forward to my trip in coming Nov again... wahahaha....

:: footprintsallover :: said...

Cool ~ which part of JP are you covering? I wanna go back too, but no luck :(

Rem to buy back more bento boxes and make more bento for us to see :)

Katherine said...

hv not really decided. This trip was kind of "unexpected" as I am sort of "force" to redeem my airmiles as some points expired in Jun (no extension as I am under the Lufthansa program, not kris fryer)

Haha... bento boxes and accessories are inside my shopping list for sure... lolz!

:: footprintsallover :: said...

don't worry, you still have a lot of time to plan :)

enjoy your holidays with Mr Ang!

Related Posts with Thumbnails