Friday, October 22, 2010

Palm Beach

One of the many pre-farewell meals we had before Gavin left for London. Had a hard time trying to book a table at Palm Beach.

Just look at the crowd. I think it just so happened that National Day was just round the corner and everyone was here to catch the fireworks from the rehearsals.

Interesting decoration. I wonder if the plants are real or fake...

Their table snack of deep-fried anchovies instead of the normal peanuts. I'm surprised that they sprinkle icing sugar on them making it a sweet dish instead of the usual savoury version.

Sambal kangkong as starter. I quite like their version, very fragrant and spicy. The vegetables still retained their crunch even though they had fully absorbed the flavour of the sauce.

The main star... Good old chilli crab. I find their version a tad sweeter than normal. Could have been better if it was spicier.

I like their mantou though. Just the right size and not oily at all.

The must order dish for the night goes to their Cheesy Baked Crab. This was really god-send. I will definitely come back here again for this dish.

As always, forgot to take the pic with food on the table. I bet Gavin will miss the crabs.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails