Monday, September 30, 2013

BKK Work Trip, June 2012: Dinner at Eve

*******
It was a long day for me & instead of heading out for dinner, I chose to have my meals in the hotel restaurant. While debating on what to eat, I flipped through the guide and saw that  Hansar's four unique dining concepts - Eve, Cafe Boca, Vue and Zest - offer a wide variety of food for everyone's tastebuds. After much deliberation, I settled for Eve.
I was tempted to take a shower before going down. However, my stomach protested "loudly", so I had to change out of my heels to a pair of comfy flats and proceeded downstairs for dinner.
Service was prompt & it felt like dining with the king, haha! The seat was plush and comfy.

 
A basket of assorted breads came swiftly once I made my orders. 
 
I ordered a cocktail, but it turned out bitter & I left it untouched after several sips. The waiters saw it and asked me if the cocktail wasn't to my liking. I explained that it was too bitter for me. They immediately sent me the wine/drinks list and offered to change another drink (free-of-charge). I was really impressed by their attentiveness & service! My day is really too good to be true - I get a free room upgrade in the morning and now, I'm being treated like a queen, haha!  
 
I ordered an alcoholic fruit punch in the end. 
 
I had french foie gras (pan-fried with dehydrated raspberry, xerex jus) for starters. It was really good - it literally melts in your mouth. 
 
Sorbet to cleanse the palate before serving the main course. 
 
Atlantic Maine Lobster (pesto fergola pearls, wilted spinach & garlic herb butter)
 
Need to head off to bed now, good night/morning! 
Eve @ Hansar Bangkok Hotel
3 Soi Mahadlekluang 2
Rajdamri Road, Lumpini
Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel: +66 2209 1234

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails