Friday, September 20, 2013

Junior Chefs @ Work II - June edition

Junior Chefs are back with the June edition (read May's edition here). Besides visiting our parents or hanging out with friends over meals, we have home-cooked food most of the days. When the dishes are fresh out from the stove, I'll snap a picture and send it to mummy dearest for her viewing. She's my no. 1 loyal fan :) 
Our dinner courtesy of all my aunties. The sisters will have a gathering @ granny's place once every few months & I'll always have food to ta-dao home for our dinner. My 4th auntie makes the best mee siam ever :)
 
We decided to try out chicken baked rice, after Leecher found an online recipe that was relatively fuss-free. So, before the weekend, I actually went to get small trays for his baked rice attempt, lol! See, I'm such a supportive wife, haha! Our parents-in-law & Roger came for a surprise visit & got to taste Leecher's creation. 
It was a 3-part cooking process - mixing everything on the pan and cooked  for a few minutes before transferring to the rice cooker. Once the rice is cooked, transfer into the oven to bake. It took 30 min to prepare this dish & another 30 min in the oven to bake :) 
 
Simple ingredients for dinner - minced pork, broccoli & mushrooms. 
Stir-fried minced pork with chili padi & broccoli with mushrooms. Leecher put in too much chili padi & we had to drink lots of water!
 
Baked Lemon Salmon fish with herbs.
 
Chicken, lettuce and fungus mushroom, what will chef Leecher comes up with?
He took our 1/4 bottle of salsa sauce and came up with his own version of salsa-chicken. Needless to say, it was yummy :)
 
Lettuce with garlic & fungus mushroom. Notice how we always have mushrooms in our dishes? I'm a fan of mushrooms, so Leecher will always try to incorporate in his cooking.
 
With the limited space in our kitchen, we'll always keep the oven in the cupboard unless we had to bake/heat up something. Since we had our oven out on the dining table (after our baked rice attempt), we decided to make full use of it before it goes back into the cupboard.
 
Pour the mixture into the container.
We ran out of shredded cheese, so I had to cut our cheese block into smaller pieces. Leecher also prepared another fish-dish, with his own lemon-herb juice. Sometimes, Leecher don't really follow the recipe & I always wonder (with his 256MB brain storage) if he will be able to re-create the dish after a long time?
 
Into the oven for baking :) I love the cheesey smell that perfumed the air! 
 
Opened a bottle of my fave moscato :)
  
Once, we had Raymond coming over for dinner. For the 1st time ever, Leecher had to whip out 4 dishes and we got extremely busy in the kitchen - cooking, slicing, chopping etc. 
  
I conveniently forgot that Mummy dearest gave us mini nonya dumplings & went to cook our usual portion of rice. I almost died of rice overdosage, even though I always have 2nd helpings at mum-in-law's place. Thankfully, Leecher's fish was good enough to whet my appetite!
 
As much as I love Leecher's cooking (hey, I can't complain when there's food to eat!), I dislike the above veg dish that he put together, lol! It contained garlic, white fungus, ikan bilis and looked somewhat dry. Not my cup of tea.  
Our mini ice cream treats after the meal :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails