Sunday, June 22, 2008

Last day in India

Finally, my last day of the biz trip. Have to rush off to meet a client - thus, packed croissant to eat in the car

Ancient elevator - the man's job evolves around opening the gates on each floor (1st to 5th floor) and the gates of the elevator, as well as pressing the buttons for the passengers.

Not sure why I always like to take Citibank pic - maybe cuz Leecher is working in the bank and I want to let him see how his bank looks like in other countries. This building machiam like castle leh :P

Went to CAMY waffers to buy snacks home for the family. Lots of indian snacks available - you can even taste the sample before making your purchase. I heard from our driver that the titbits are all fresh from the oven.

This is known as the Gateway - right in front of the hotel. I never had the chance to go and see this historic monument, but grapevine says that Angelina & Brad once brought their brood here.

Off to the "freezer" office for meeting and no point for guessing what we had for lunch later on.

We had to go straight to the airport to catch our flight @ 12.20am. We took almost 2.5 hrs to reach the airport for there was massive jam along the way. Stopped over @ ITC Grand Maratha (hotel near the airport) for our dinner. The "door-man" (anyone knows what's the proper term for them) dressed smartly in his turban and uniform. The ones @ Taj Mahal wore white uniform during the day and changed to black uniform at night.

Looks very atas rite?

Even the toilet also very atas - got TV somemore ....

We had our last meal in India @ Peshawri. Rinta told me that Bill Clinton loves this restarurant. Located in such an atas place, this meal also commands a hefty price-tag.

Their open-concept kitchen, whereby you can see the stove in which they bake the naan. As this is a traditional Indian restaurant, no cutlery were served. We were told by the waiter to enjoy the taste of the food with our hands.

Their menu is on a block of wood; one side for vegetarian and the other side for non-vegetarian.

Naan, papadum , butter chicken. Not a fan of onion, but it goes well with the papadum & naan.

The chicken kebab - tender and juicy.

The airport just got renovated recently, so everything looks very new and clean.

Our pic before boarding the plane, bye! See you in SG, LOL

Ate my meal and Caught 27 dresses onboard - very nice romantic comedy. I am a sucker for such love flicks. James Marsden was kinda boyish; found him to be very familiar until I googled and realised that he acted as Cyclops in X-men.


Leecher said he would come to the airport and fetch me. I even reminded him 20 times that my flight will land at 8.20am. When i cleared the immigrations and shopped at duty-free, I was half-expecting to see Leecher standing outside waving to me .... but to my surprise, he was still at his place when I called him ... >_<"
In the end, I waited almost 1 hr for him to come and pick me up; isn't it ironic?

He had to push my trolley as punishment - from T2 to T3 .. bleah :P

We had POPEYES for breakfast - their chicken are really yummy! Wonder why they only have outlets in the airport .... I think they can give KFC a run for their money.

Lastly, to conclude my India Trip; shopping loots for closed ones :)

Till the next biz trip ~

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails