Monday, October 8, 2012

Leecher's Birthday

Been blogging about a lot of birthday celebrations recently :) This time round, Leecher gets his turn to be featured here, his 1st bdae celebrations as a married man! Every year, I'll get to pick his birthday restaurant - but this year, he insisted on going somewhere *trouble coming my way* Leecher even got half day birthday leave *so good*, so I took half day leave to spend his birthday with him :) 

 
We took the new underpass to MBFC, in search of food, but at the same time, fooling around in the empty walkway, taking pictures of each other in our #ootd.

 
The place was almost empty, as it was after lunch hours. So, we got a table, looked through the menu and ordered the items. 

 
They even placed my arm candy under such good care :) thumbs up for the service. Initially, I thought this was only practiced in SG outlets, thus, I was extremely glad that DTF in KL does the same thing too!
We ordered just 3 dishes to share b/w us, for I've reserved dinner @ 6pm. Didn't want to feel too bloated for dinner.  

 
 Instead of the usual xiaolongbao, we ordered the custard buns instead. Nothing fantastic to shout about.

 
It was pouring when we finished our lunch. Without any shelter nor an umbrella in hand, we waited for the rain to stop at the bus stop. 

Got bored and took this pic & subsequently, decided to test out the multi-lens function. Posted this picture under Project Thursday & surprised that the post is now the most popular post on this blog.

 
We took a lil walk towards MBS & also, pics along the way. Felt so much like a tourist in my own country, lol! 

 The Olympic Walk @ Marina Bay Waterfront Promenade marked the inaugural Youth Olympics held in Singapore (2010). The Olympic Walk also seeks to recognise and affirm the solidarity of the Olympic Movement.

 Slowly slowly making our way to MBS.

 
Leecher getting quite excited now, but I just had to drag him to somewhere first before heading for dinner :)

 
Ta-dah! Haha, Leecher not v pleased to be dragged there. 

Bdae dinner @ CUT, by Wolfgang Puck. Leecher initially wanted to bring me here for my bdae dinner, but I changed my mind as I wanted french food and also, cuz of the hefty price tag. 沒想道 he requested to go CUT for his bdae meal :( I think he is out to carrot-head me.

 
Reservation @ 6pm, the place was rather empty. 

 Eyeing the bread sticks, but must wait for me to take pic first, haha!

 White for me, red for him.

 Cheers for the bdae boy :)


Various selections of bread & ordered the maple-glazed pork belly, fuji apple-yali pear salad with sesame-orange dressing, which was highly recommended to us.

 Leecher ordered Porterhouse for us to share - porterhouse steaks are cut from the rear end of the short loin and include more tenderloin. We also ordered wild field mushrooms with shishito peppers and Mac & Cheese as sides.


 
Surprised Leecher with a chocolate fondant. I've already informed them way before that I'm celebrating bdae for the hubby. So, when we arrived, they made Leecher sit back-facing the kitchen entrance, so he won't be able to see them carrying out the fondant. 

 
Make a wish - maybe he's hoping to trim some inches off his expanding waistline this year. 

  
Getting ready to tuck in! 

  
Happy Birthday my Love. Your bdae meal this year really 吃穷我了, so it's pay back time soon *evil laughter*

CUT by Wolfgang Puck
B1-71, Galleria Level
The Shoppes @ MBS
(Next to the Theater)
Tel: 66888517

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails