Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Flea @ Scape, once again

Flea @ *scape Sky Terrance with the girls :) Leecher was grumbling that I've eaten into his space in our walk-in-wardrobe and that I had to clear my stuff or else, face punishment of my stuff being thrown away! Meanie! At the same time, Minqian & Fionn were facing wardrobe crisis too, so we decided to hold a flea to sell our pre-loved & brand new items. It has been almost quite a while since my last flea with the sisters.

Hate going to town on weekends cuz we had to pay for ERP, so the best thing to do? Get into town before the gantry starts charging. The event starts @ 1pm, so I thought I'll reach by 12 to reserve a 风水位 - to my surprise, when I reached at 12.15pm, a lot of tables were already taken up & store owners setting up for business. Managed to find a table and began setting up for business while waiting for FMQ & Fionn to arrive.
Setting up our store, completed with the portable clothes rack that I lugged from home.
Lady bosses for the day! We were all eager to kick-start our business, haha! 
Unlike the previous flea which was held at the lower ground level of *scape, this flea was held on lvl 4 of the building ~ where it consisted of both indoor & outdoor space. Fleas are held almost every weekend (Sat & Sun), where rental for Sat is higher as compared to Sun.
 
It was quite a torture waiting for customers to come and visit your stall, waiting for them to browse through and finally making the purchase. Mostly came to look, browse through the rack before heading off to other stalls with the same routine. Fionn with her money bag, earning the first buck for the day.
Subsequently, we all made our first bucks for the day :) The joy of receiving money was definitely priceless! 
The day was spent chit-chatting, exchanging gossips/updates and playing with the phone, in between waiting for customers to come patron our mini stall :)
Brought bread along to snack as time passed.
With a few hours left, we decided to drop the prices down to $2 bucks each, as we didn't want to carry the clothes back home. Really good bargain for all the bargain hunters!   
Upcoming fleas around Singapore. 
 
The stall opposite us enjoyed really good business! I think around 6 friends shared the stall and there were almost 5 luggages worth of clothes on the floor and tons more on the tables. 
 
The stalls packing up & calling it a day.  
 
At the eleventh hour, this auntie came along and wiped out all of our clothes! I even gave her my robinson bag to put all her purchases, thankful that I don't have much to carry back, lol! 
  
Our tired yet happy faces ~ having cleared most of what we brought over :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails