Friday, April 12, 2013

Weddings: Wanling & Yaw Jin

I'll normally blog an entry on weddings that I'm part of the jie-mei gang :) My last jie-mei duty was during Win & Van's wedding (read all about it here, here and here) where Leecher & I were on opposite camps ganging up against one another, haha! Felt so happy to tekan him "legally" and not forgetting all my Uni brothers, lol!
 
I was called up for bridesmaid duty end of last year, when another sister of mine got married. Met up with the lovely bride & she passed me my invite, which came with an embossed seal!

I didn't want to break the seal, so I took a pen-knife and sliced the envelope at the top.

Reached her place @ 5.30am sharp ~ I'm getting very punctual nowadays, haha! The pretty bride already had her makeup done and was goofing around the house, lol! She took our breakfast order, but I went easy with just pandan cake (caught eating in the pic) - can't have a full meal that early in the morning. BTW, took some of the wedding pics off the photographer's Facebook page (those watermarked with www.onexposure.org) as I only had my iphone with me.
 
Spotted this @ Wanling's place ~ apparently, this was part of the GDL gift accordingly to their custom. This  gigantic sesame ball is known as Chin Deh 煎 袋, which symbolize a fulfilling and blissful marriage. I was told that it took days just to make one, so better to order in advance if you have this on your list.
 
 with the pretty bride :) Still so cheeky!
 
The love contract that Joy (one of the bridesmaid) made.  
 
 By the request of the bride, we went extremely lenient with the xiong-dis. They just had to form alphabets using nothing else but biscuits - easy task right? We have given them 3 options on what will be the sentence: 

1. YJ ♡ WL
2. I ♡ WANLING
3. YAW JIN ♡ WANLING

The groom would had it easy if he has chosen option 1, but fate left it that he has to go with option 3 ... All fair and square as he picked the papers himself.
  
The brothers having their breakfast munching on the biscuits.
  
The guys getting creative on how to shape the biscuits into alphabets - some nibbled gently, while some crushed the biscuits into crumbs. We even saw one guy using his IC as a "knife" to cut the biscuits to shape. 
Impressive attempt, though they took slightly longer than usual.
The next hurdle is for the guys to plant a kiss on the groom, haha! Wanling even bought a bright pink lipstick just for them.
 
OK, we very practical ... 红包到手,we'll open the door for them.
 
Posing with the love contract, bound for life! I specially like one of the clause - my money is my money, your money is my money :) Why me no love contract?? Dearie, can we re-write our vows or not huh?
With the rest of the jiemeis @ Yaw Jin's house, where Wanling will be staying before their hougang place is ready. Can't wait for her to move to Hougang, for her place is near to parents-in-law place, haha! MJ session, but must teach her how to play first. 
 
In her red kwa, back to her parents' place for tea ceremony.  
 
Group pic before we adjourned to the hotel. The rest of the brothers have left to pick up their other halves + kids for the wedding lunch. 
 
Checked into the room @ lvl 63 (I think) .... view of Singapore, but can see the dark clouds looming above.    
 
Love her bouquet ~ I take this pic first, then I saw the photographer taking it thereafter, lol! Of cuz, he did a much better job than me.  
 
I was tasked to decorate the ROM table *stressed* Think it turned out pretty well :) Wanling is a major fan of stitch, she got 3 pairs of stitches just for the wedding ~ on the wedding car, reception table and ROM table, in different wedding outfits somemore!
 
A closer look @ the fake wedding cake.
 
We placed another pair of Stitch & the wedding contract on the reception table.
 
Wedding message for the lovely couple :) 
 
Then, the heart-throb came! Baby Liam, all grown up ever since his 1st month birthday party. So cute right?
 
Ok, another shot before we start passing him around like musical chair, lol!   
 
Leecher carried him & Baby Liam tugged close to his body - can see his lil hands tugging Leecher's jacket? Leecher joked that he's a safety baby; making sure he is always secured in the arms of the carrier.
Baby Liam actually fell asleep in Leecher's arms, cute to the max can! He must have felt extremely comfortable (especially with Leecher's body fats cushioning him), haha! He slept so peacefully, so Leecher carried him a while more before putting him down in his pram.
with the wedding couple ~ before we adjourned into the banquet hall for luncheon.
Wedding flavours in the form of keychains ~ I have collected way too many and my cupboard is now bursting, have to start taking some stuff out to use.
 
with Bobo, who sat at another table so we didn't had the time to interact, yet I kept bumping into him during others' weddings. 
 
with Kok Yew! He didn't get his version of calendar girls this time round, as Leecher sat on the same table, lol! I'm still waiting for his red bomb :p
 
Throwing the petals, enthusiastically.  
 
Playing with Baby Liam from across the table and he was laughing away *heart melt* 
 
Baby-sit him while Merisa can eat her food. He's really such a joyful baby :) If the mummy is not around, I'll steal him away, lol! 
 
Sorry, cant help it but another shot ^^ 
 
04 girls, ever since 2001 :)  
 
Stay blissful forever! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails