Monday, April 1, 2013

Tian Tian Chicken Rice

Happy April's Fool! I hope everyone survived their day well today without falling prey to jokes and tricks :) I enjoyed my long weekend break, feeling exhausted as I was busy keeping the house clean & tidy. That was also part of the reason why we are having lesser people @ our place now, since it was just too messy with things all over the place from my trips. I jerked out on bed on Sunday morning, thinking that I was late for work as the clock showed 8am, lol! Guess I must be too stressed out lately with all the hectic schedule .... that calls for a holiday trip soon!
After our visit to Forty Hands and Ben & Jerry's, we parted ways with the rest & headed to the hospital to visit my baby bro.
 
Walking on the roads #likeaqueen, since it was a Sunday and no cars were spotted along the way.
Taking pics with the "Reduce Speed" sign, lol!
 
Leecher with his artistic shot ~ I had to stand there for 5 mins while he tried to capture the best shot out of 20 + attempts.
 
It must be a tiring "climb" for the man who was dressed in jeans+long sleeve shirt in this weather. 
 
Dinner @ Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice. Hainanese chicken rice has always been voted as Singapore's national dish (beating the likes of char kuay tiao & hokkien mee etc). When it comes to recommendations for the best chicken rice, Tian Tian is always on the recommended list. This humble stall has even gained the approval of Anthony Bourdain, who once said that the rice here is so good that you can eat it on its own. 
 I've been to the Maxwell outlet, where there are always long queue during lunch hour. This was my first time visiting the branch @ Joo Chiat road.
Steamed chicken hanging at the display window, enough to whet your appetite just looking at them! 
 
For all food outlets, it is a must to showcast all the publicity given by the media, be it newspaper cuttings, being featured on foodie channels or taking pictures with famous celebrities. These are the standard SOPs in the F&B industry nowadays.
I've always thought that they do just chicken rice, but I was wrong. They have a full menu of not only chicken rice (their signature), but also other side dishes (zi char dishes) & porridge available too.
 
Leecher took an extremely long time with the menu ~ sometimes, guys are really more fickle-minded than girls. He even wanted to google for the recommended dishes before placing his order >,< 
 
Just as he was taking his own sweet time with ordering, the tables in the restaurant got filled up.  
I prefer my chilli with dark soy sauce while Leecher prefer his chilli plain.
Steamed 1/2 chicken for us to share. This was (deliberately) served slightly chilled. 
 
The skin was smooth & the rice was fragrant - true to the testimonial of Anthony Bourdain - you can even eat the rice on its own! As for me, I had my quick chicken rice fix and would be back to try out more from their zi char collection.  
Tian Tian Chicken Rice
443, Joo Chiat Road 
Singapore 427656
Tel: 63459443
Opening Hours: 10.30 am till 10pm
Closed on Mondays

Tian Tian Chicken Rice
Stall 10 Maxwell Food Center
Singapore 069184
Tel: 96914852
Opening Hours: 11am till 8pm
Closed on Mondays

2 comments:

serene said...

your blog is lovely! will be bookmarking it.

:: footprintsallover :: said...

hi Serene, thanks for dropping by :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails