Friday, April 26, 2013

Sunday Brunch: Relish by Wild Rocket

 
This banner is up again ~ means another brunch date with Leecher! This time round, we headed somewhere nearer to home as I wanted a quiet place to chill and relax. Town always seemed crowded on weekends & I don't wanna head there unless its absolutely necessary.
 
Leecher with his act-cute-Mickey-Mouse T-shirt, haha! 
#ootd for the day ~ hot weather outfit = top + shorts + shades.
 
Our brunch venue this week: Relish by Wild Rocket, located @ myVillage.
  
A wider look at the place, serving all-day Brunch! My fave, since I can sleep in during weekends w/o compromising on my "breakfast". 
 
We arrived slightly after noon and the place wasn't crowded. We were served by this guy with extremely feminine looks who could pass off as a girl if he were to don a dress with some makeup. I can't help but keep sneaking glances at him cuz he's really a pretty boy!  
Simple 2-paged menu that contained an array of drinks, salads, mains and desserts.
 
Ikea-ish display of utensils. 
Mandarin Pop, which tasted much like a mild version of Orangina.
Candy-crushing! It was a tight fight b/w me & Leecher, trying to outdo each other, lol!
 
OK, you have my full attention now. 
Lazy-ing around while waiting for our food.  

Relish's menu consisted mainly of burgers & that is what they are famous for! Their patties are made from parts of the animals that was meant for burgers (chuck, shin, rib-eye). They have also added a whole range of comfort food to their menu :) 
 
Our order came at the same time. Based on my observation, they will tend to serve all the mains together .. so if one main course was prepared faster than the other, it will have to sit in the kitchen before the other one is cooked.  
Mushroom & Cheese burger, with medium rare beef patty, served with salad. You get to choose b/w salad and fries - Leecher went for the obvious choice (considering his waist-line) only to get chided by me as I wanted to nibble on the fries :p
 
I had to photograph this quickly, as we sat under the air-con and cold air kept blasting down upon us. Leecher has an issue with cold food apparently. 
My order of Thai Minced Basil Pork Prata Pizza. The prata skin tasted home-made, with slightly burnt edges. However, the dish was too oily and I had to struggle with the last piece. If you're keen to try, I would recommend this for sharing. 
 
The surprise of the day ~ an interesting rendition of strawberry cheesecake. I was kind of expecting a slice of cake to be presented when this was delivered to our table. I almost thought they got the wrong order! A sweet twist, go try it! 
Relish by Wild Rocket
1 Maju Avenue #02-07
My Village, Serangoon Garden
Singapore 556679
Tel: 6634 3422
Opening Hours: 12pm till 3pm (Lunch, Mon-Fri), 6.30pm till 11pm (Dinner, Mon-Fri), 11am till 9.30pm (Whole Day Brunch, Sat - Sun)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails