Monday, January 5, 2009

Blamer's Birthday Celebration! 12 Dec 09

Today is the eve of Blamer's birthday. As of tradition, flowers sent to her office!

Chose a different color combination this time, cream and orange, very sweet combi right? (give myself a pat on the shoulder)

36 stalks signifying 3 years of joy and love with Blamer. Will the bouquets keep growing bigger and bigger???

I'm surprised to receive a present too.

Nicely wrapped up in a purple ribbon. My fav colour by the way.

Blamer's home made heart shaped cookies. Not as famous as Amos's but they are only exclusively for me. : ) Blamer has just earned herself a treat tonight. Ha ha.

Upon meeting her after work, I realised that I have a competitor... ... Blamer's "secret admirer" got her a bouquet too. Luckily mine was bigger... ... Phew!

Researched on the web for a restaurant with nice ambience and good food. It seems that Dozo, located at River Valley Point Shopping Centre, offers a value for money modern fine dining experience.

Lots of reviews praised them for their impeccable service and their signature hot stone steak. They offer a 7 course dinner set (6 for their lunch set) with 5-6 varieties in each catergory to choose from. There will be a waiter who will be at the table explaining each dish and giving his/her recommendations. My advice would be to follow their suggestions if you have not made up your mind on what to have.

Once we were comfortably seated, the waiters served up this crispy pasta snack and the mango sorbet promptly. Wat a way to welcome their guests after their journey to the restaurant. These snacks are complimentary by the way.

Their signature appetizer. To quote the waiter, their appetizer is so good, they have already chosen it for us. It consist of scallop, foie gras and I can't remember the third one. A pity the servings was too small, but it definitely whet up my appetite and made me seat up in anticipation of wat's to come next!

Blamer's cold dish, succulent king crab claw drizzled with sesame vinaigrette. Sweet and tangy, refreshing to the palate.

Hee hee, mine is beef tataki with shaved parmesan and truffle mayo mosaic. Totally heart their presentation of the dishes. The beef is wrapped around a crispy popiah to achieve the shape. Taste really good. Can't really describe it, maybe I shld get FMQ to taste it, being a words person, I think she will be able to describe the taste.

Next up is the side dish. Blamer order the foie gras chawanmushi topped with black truffle slice (the semi circle black thing in the middle). I dun think I have eaten truffle before this and thought Blamer might share it with me, to my horror, she din even asked me and gobbled down that tiny piece of truffle herself! (I thought truffle is supposed to be some really expensive stuff akin to caviar and such)

My utter horror, but since it's her birthday celebration dinner, I have to resign myself to my fate and ate my Hirakata Mushroom Two Ways with a heavy heart. (same fungi family at least)

Then came the soup, Blamer's crab bisque. The decorative crab claw is quite cute right?

I ordered their mushroom soup and guess wat??

In place of the crab claw, I got a slice of black truffle on a spoon! Definitely not decorative. I think the waiter must have sensed my wretchedness after Blamer's despicable act of wolfing down the earlier slice of truffle and compensated me with this! Top-class service!

Must slowly savour this. No more for Blamer even if it's her birthday. Muha ha ha ha (evil laughter)

Ok lah, I'm not so bad ok, at least I let Blamer have their signature beef tenderloin while at her request, I tried the less impressive lamb shank.

See really less impressive right? No stone, no leaf to separate the meat from the stone and no fancy golden cuttlefish fan, only got bone... ... : (

Wat golden fan you asked? Ha ha lucky I got take another pic from another angle. See see, golden cuttlefish fan... ... Apparently that can be eaten too. (not like my bone)

At this point of time, both Blamer and I were getting quite full. A refreshing fruit drink before our final dessert. There are edible fruit pieces in the flask. Did I mention that their service level was top-class? Truffles aside, the waiter/waitresses were really attentive throughout the meal, there are a few changes to the cutlery used, and they were really mindful about topping up the floral hot tea. In stark contrast to some restaurants that only serve ice water and dun even bother topping up unless u asked them too.

For dessert, I had the green tea mousse. Think the lighting is too dark for you to see the mousse.

Blamer had their signature warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. 一冷一热?

Since it's her birthday, how can have no birthday cake? Always one year old ha ha!

"My wish is to marry my Dear Dear!"

"Yeah, wish will come true"

(Yes it's an overdue post again. Ha ha, pretend pretend ok?) In the spirit of Christmas, can't resist taking a pic with their Christmas tree!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails