Monday, April 30, 2012

Wedding Celebrations - Tea Ceremony P1

Another working day, but tomorrow is Labour day! So not much of Monday blues for me :) Been extremely busy ever since the start of the year but readers of this lil space have been telling me that they have been seeing frequent updates since end 2011 .... glad that I've been blogging regularly and it certainly wasn't easy with all the increased workload, housework and other personal commitments - sometimes, I wished I have 48 hours a day, so I can achieve much more in life. Well, at least when I'm loading all the pictures up and seeing them again after so long, I will recall all the memories that we had and keep them in my heart :)

Anyway, back to where I've stopped previously on our wedding journey. After leaving Seletar Reservoir, we went to Leecher's place for tea ceremony.

Fling helping me with my gown

Glad we made it back before the auspicious hour!

Praying to the ancestors & god together, with Leecher introducing me as his wife. Felt kinda weird hearing him addressing me as his wife, lol!

Drinking sweet soup, and I was so hungry for that was my 1st meal of the day.

Soon, it was time for the tea ceremony.

Too used to calling Uncle & Auntie, that it felt weird initially to address them as Daddy & Mummy.

Giving us our ang-pao and gold.

Both Leecher and Mum had to help me with my necklace and earrings & dad with my veil, while I just stayed still and let them put the jewellery on for me.

Final adjustment on the earrings before we proceed further.

Leecher got his own thick gold chain as well, heehee! Looks like a loanshark, right?

The uncles & aunties didn't want us to kneel, so they made us stand to serve them tea.

My lovely sisters, who helped out during the tea ceremony with their respective assigned roles.

Picture with my new family - with Leecher's 2nd bro + gf and parents.

A lot of them wore red for the occasion :) And the photographers were so funny to ask dad & mum to hold hands.

Meanwhile, EK & Kenneth were having fun spraying each other with water meant for my flowers!

Changed into my red gown for tea ceremony @ mummy dearest place. Wanted to wear a kua initially, but don't think I look nice in it, so they had to find me a red gown.

Getting ready to move to my place.

Glad the weather turned out really good that day, for I remembered it was raining heavily for the past few days leading to the wedding. Back to mummy dearest's place for another round of tea ceremony.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails