Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Family Outing: Arrival at Pengerang

******
Hello, am at KL airport now while waiting for my flight back to Singapore. Another 30 min to boarding time, so I thought I'll do a quick entry since I'm done with my meeting notes. The journey continued with us arriving at Pengerang dock. 
 
Saw the 1st boat that depart from the ferry terminal. This ferry was filled up with bikers, which we subsequently saw them at the immigration counter.  
 
 Uncle Captain steered his lil boat into a berth & I finally caught side of his weathered boat which must have survived many storms in the sea. Somehow, the rustic feel reminded me of my old kampong house, where I have stayed before I went to primary school.
 
 One by one, we got off the boat. Even though it was stated that the last boat leaves at 4pm, sometimes, it could be earlier as long as there are 12 pax filling up the boat. Hence, we booked our return trip back with the same uncle by paying a deposit of $50. Having settled our return journey, it was time to head out for breakfast. 
 
We were the only ones at the Customs & we could already see the taxi uncles waiting for us outside. 小舅's family came the weekend before and he got the contacts of the taxi drivers. While we were onboard the ferry, Melvin called the taxi uncle to arrange for our transport.
Taxi shuttle b/w the dock and Sungai Rengit (the nearby town) for RM5/person or RM20/car. We booked the car for one full day (with 2 destinations) & paid approx RM160/car. We were all famished so the taxi uncles brought us to Sungai Rengit for breakfast. It was around 20 min journey to town center.
 
The initial plan was to have 肉骨茶, but we ended up at Sin Yuan tea house where we can have a variety of food.
  
 Freshly made 猪肠粉.
 
Can't wait to start breakfast! We ordered a lot of food for sharing :) 
My fave has to go to the plate of pork belly! So crispy & tender, we had seconds for this :) With our stomach loaded with food, we headed to our 1st destination.    
Sin Yuan Tea House
Sungai Rengit, Pengerang
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails