Sunday, July 14, 2013

Honeymoon: First Meal in Amsterdam

An extremely busy Sunday - attending Yen's baby girl shower in the afternoon, came home and packed my bags for my flight later tonight. I'm heading off to London for the annual sales conference :) A long 14 hours journey, but I'm looking forward to having my in-flight meals + entertainment again!
*********
We had a 3-hour wait before our scheduled departure time to Paris. The first thing was to look for a place to sit down for a nice meal :) Even though we had breakfast on board, I was still hungry. Hence, we went walking around the airport in search of food.
 
 There was a wide variety of options available, ranging from pizzas to sandwiches, etc. We even spotted Delifrance *chuckles* No, I didn't fly all the way to the other end of Earth to try out Delifrance. I was looking for an authentic Dutch cafe to have my 1st dutch meal. Instead, we ended up at Pronto the Ice-cream Bar.
If you have a craving for an Italian ice-cream, then this is the place to go. There is a wide selection of homemade ice cream, but we didn't have any of those.
 

Well, at least the cashier is quite cute, lol! 
Thankfully, the menu had English translation, which made ordering a breeze.
When in doubt, just point to items on the menu. We weren't sure of the serving size, so we only ordered 1 main & 1 dessert to share.
Hot chocolate to start the day :) This version is quite mild, as compared to those that I tried during the trip. This contained more milk than chocolate, which made me feel less guilty about drinking it.
 
Cheese, Ham & Eggs sandwich; our healthy breakfast fix.
 
I just couldn't resist ordering their waffles. This was actually the reason why we chose Pronto, for I spotted a kid eating this! I knew I had to try this, lol! Waffles were crispy and literally coated with dark chocolate sauce, heavenly. 
Let's tuck in!
Pronto Ice Cream Bar
Schiphol Airport, Schiphol Plaza
Opening Hours: 7am till 10pm daily

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails