Friday, July 12, 2013

Honeymoon: Arrival at Schiphol Airport

**********
We finally arrived at Schiphol Airport @ Amsterdam after a long 14 hours journey. I was just glad to get off the plane & begin our honeymoon journey! The start of our 14 days adventure in Europe :) In fact, I was slightly nervous for this is my first time in Amsterdam & was worried about having to navigate our ways. I'm thankful for the wonderful  people that helped us throughout our trip. 
  
It was almost 6am (local time) when we touched down at the airport. A quick call to mummy dearest to keep her informed of my whereabouts. The weather has actually turned chilly & I conveniently left my jacket in my check-in luggage :(
Leecher was well-prepared, wearing his long-sleeved shirt.
Someone strolled his way through the airport while I had to quicken my steps to keep my body warm.
Even though Schphiol is ranked as Europe's 4th busiest airport, we managed to clear immigration with ease! The airport was pretty easy to navigate too. I was attracted to the stores, but I had to zoom my way to the baggage belts.
Retrieved my jacket, sparing me from the cold weather outside :)
Headed straight to the travel agent counter to purchase the Amsterdam passes for the rest of the journey. Usually, I'll be the one planning our itinerary. This time round, I had to delegate the task to sit-and-do-nothing-Leecher for his contribution towards the trip. He gamely opt for Amsterdam while I planned for Paris.
 Finally, it was his turn at the counter.
Came back grinning like a kid with his "achievements", lol!
The Amsterdam-Holland Pass is ideal for it is an all-in-one city pass saving both money & time. You can choose b/w 2,5 or 7 free and/or reduced entrance tickets to must-see attractions, museums and public transport in Amsterdam & other popular Dutch cities. Based on Leecher's research, he reckoned we should buy the 5 free pass. Each package comes with a guide book & a Holland Pass discount card. The pass can be bought at GWK Travelex offices in the major cities as well as the airport.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails