Thursday, July 25, 2013

Family Outing: Heading to Pengerang Part Two

 
The month of July was filled with activities, almost every weekend! We went to Pengerang for a day trip with the other family (Part 1 here), attended Yen's baby shower & I flew to London on the same day for a week of conference. Will be attending Kaiwei & Yanni's wedding (both church & dinner) this coming weekend. I know I'm slacking behind on our honeymoon trip, but I'll come to that later, lol! Mental reminder not to blog on 2 travel trips concurrently next time. 
  Back to our Pengerang adventures - it was almost 7.30am before we board the ferry to the destination. We managed to catch the sunrise, something that I have not done in ages! 
The sun rose up slowly, filling up the sky with its bright rays. It's amazing how Mother Nature nv fails to impress me. I have caught sun rise in various places when traveling (scaling up Mt Batur in Bali was one of the most memorable), but seldom in Singapore. Guilty me like to sleep in most weekends, so by the time I'm up, the sun is already up in the sky.
 
As we cruised near the edge of Changi Park Beach, we saw a lot of tents on the grass patches. This park is certainly popular for overnight family picnics! I even spotted a couple of them fishing. 
We traveled with 2 other "strangers" to form the group of 12. These 2 strangers looked like regulars shifting b/w Singapore & Pengerang. One of them was reading her newspaper on board the ferry, while I was praying that the journey will be smooth.
Off we head go, in the direction of Pengerang.
It was certainly interesting trying to identify places as we traveled near the coast line. That goes to show how "bad" we are in geography!
 
This is our friendly captain for the day. Uncle is rather soft-spoken, but always ready for a picture :) 
 
with 小舅, 小舅妈 & mummy-in-law.
The sea was pretty calm, so the first half of the journey was quite smooth. I still remembered I was rather sea-sick on my first trip to Phuket, even though we were traveling on a large ship to Phi Phi island. 
 Soon, the sun rays were upon us and but that didn't stop me from snapping away :)
  
 4D anyone? Just like cars, boats need to be licensed as well - be it for commercial or private. Nice number, but we didn't win any money that night, lol. 
 
Have to head off now, but will be back with another entry on Pengerang soon! Tata :) 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails