Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pique Nique

 
Tucked in a corner of Takashimaya Shopping Centre (where McDonald used to be), is a cafe known as Pique Nique. Pique Nique means "picnic" in french but I was more attracted by the deco, which reminded me of a french cottage. 
 
 Pique Nique is yet another brain-child of Chef Pang. Yes, the same guy behind Antoinette. Well, I must agree that Antoinette is the more famous sibling :) 
 
While Anotonette was decorated in elaborated French pieces, Pique Nique gave a down-to-earth vibe. It almost felt like dining in a French cottage, except that you are looking at people munching on KFC across the walkway. 
 
Leecher spent a long time looking through the menu, hovering b/w pastas and mains. Despite the French deco, Pique Nique serves mostly American comfort food, along the likes of Burgers, Hot Dogs, Mac & Cheese etc.
 
I flipped through the menu & already decided on what I wanna have. 
 Chocolate Milkshake ($8). This was extremely rich & thick. In fact, I was full from this drink and couldn't finish my food later, lol! 
We had a "window" seat, looking across KFC.
Leecher sitting on the armchair #likeaboss.
In fact, I would recommend sitting at other tables instead for the arm chair is rather small. I had to squeeze into the arm chair with my bag on the side. Rather uncomfortable experience.
 
 Hot Chilli Meat Fries - Pique Nique's fries with hot chilli meat sauce and home-made cheese sauce ($11).  I feel that this was a tad pricey, given the serving size. In fact, they didn't inform us that my order came with fries. We had to pack the rest of the fries back.
 The Swiss Shrooms Burger - beef patty, sauteed mushroom, Swiss Gruyere cheese, lettuce, onion and tomato ($13.80).
The Roasted Chicken and Mushroom Mac & Cheese - elbow macaroni, mascarpone & gouda cheese, roasted field mushroom & Cajun style roasted chicken leg ($16). This was quite bland, pale in comparison with my fave Mac & Cheese at White Rabbit. Nevertheless, this dish was packed with chicken & mushroom which made it enjoyable. I would recommend to order this for sharing though. 
 
I'm guilty of over-ordering this time round & Leecher had to stuff himself silly (nearly bursting out of his shirt, lol!). As much as I love to order desserts (since its a separate stomach), I didn't want to be greeted with glaring eyes from Leecher.
 
 Grab some goodies on the way out if you fancy. 
There is a supposedly 15% discount when paying by Citibank CC. We were bluffed when the cashier told us this discount is not applicable on eve of Public Holidays & Public Holidays. So, we had to pay the full amount - not that we are complaining, but this is the first time that I've come across credit card discounts not applicable on certain days. Anyone have the same experience before?
Pique Nique
391A Orchard Road, Ngee Ann City Tower A
#B1-01/02, Takashimaya Departmental Store
Singapore 238873
Tel: 6238 6705
Opening Hours: 10am till 9,30pm daily

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails