Friday, December 23, 2011

BKK Jun Biz Trip 2011

It's December & one of my fave month of the year, cuz it's my birthday month! Yippee (not on the growing old part though)! Anyway, Xmas is around the corner and soon, we will be counting down to 2012! Exciting plans lining up for 2012 and honestly, I can't wait for it to come :)

Guess my location ....

Mega hint

This should be obvious enough :)

Yup, jetting off again ..... to BKK! I was in BKK twice in Jan (1 week apart) & now, embarking on my 3rd trip to BKK. This was also the first time I travelled alone for business this year - I'm too used to having companions for trips this year that I actually felt lonely on this trip. Thankfully, it was just a 2D1N trip.

Breakfast on board to curb the hunger pangs.

The familiar sight of the airport & waiting area for the airport transfer.

On the way to the hotel :)

Complimentary Wifi access in the car! Suku-me quickly took a pic and whatsapp to Leecher, haha!

Staying @ Shang for this trip, as it was the closest hotel to the clients that I'm visiting this time round.

My "home" for the night.

The tidy room before I unpack and messed it all up, opps!

Complimentary water that don't come in the normal Evian bottles.

Love long mirrors, haha! They are always located strategically near the door, so you can do an outfit check before walking out of the door.

Platter of welcome fruit :)

A part of BKK that I have yet to explore. I was fortunate to get a room facing Chao Phraya River.

Enjoying the sights in the midst of preparing for client's meeting, haha!

Grabbed my stuff and headed for lunch @ the lobby.

It was during the election period when I was in BKK, thus, I had the chance to see the election posters decorating the streets. They have over 30 parties running for elections!

Back to hotel to change and head out for dinner :) As it was during the election period and I was traveling alone, Leecher and Mummy were worried about me and told me not to venture out at night. So, to give them a piece of mind (and spare myself from their nagging), I had my dinner @ the hotel instead.

Angelini was voted best Italian restaurant in BKK for 11 years in a row. It offers contemporary Italian cuisine and interesting selection of world class wines in chic atmosphere.

Love the lights, but I bet cleaning must be a chore!

Early dinner @ 8pm. Guess no one eats that early in BKK.

My fave Riseling to start the night.

Bread basket

Parma ham & rock melon slices.

Linguine pasta in canadian lobster and spicy tomato sauce

Sometimes, it quite enjoyable to have a meal all by yourself :)

***********

3 slices of waffles to start my morning :)

Chilling out @ the lobby in the late afternoon for my 9pm flight home. Once again, I couldn't get onboard the 6pm flight :(

The usual snack for me :) I think they are better at making breads/sandwiches than sweets (apart from the chocolates from the chocolate bar)

Time to head to the airport. I had to leave @ 7pm and braced myself for the horrible Friday night traffic to the airport.

The long journey & I had the time to take in all the surroundings along the way.

Finally! Till the next trip back :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails