Saturday, June 1, 2013

BKK Jan 2013: Arrival in BKK

Hello! A brand new month, gasp, is it June already? I was off sick a couple of days late May and haven been feeling 100% of my usual self. Trying to tidy up my work before I leave for another trip in 2 weeks time. Been travelling to BKK a lot and I think this marked my 10th trip to BKK within 2 years! Wow, all the money that I've spent there .... *can't imagine* I really wish to explore other parts of BKK, but somehow, I'm always at the usual spot trip after trip. Just needed to break free from the cycle, maybe on the next trip.

Headed to BKK with the girls in Jan, a trip to relax & recharge. Though I'm used to taking the morning flights out, it was still a painful decision to leave the cozy bed in the wee hours of the morning for preparation.
 
The empty airport at 5am. Wasn't used to not seeing the morning crowd, lol! #workwoes
 
My heart was thumping for Fling to arrive (traffic problems) and it was a mad rush to check our bags in. On the bright side, we were given front row seats, lol! A blessing in disguise :) 
Yeah, front row seats without having to top up! Love the extra leg space #cheapthrill #soauntie.
 
Caught the gorgeous sunrise from 3000+ feet above. Then, it was back to lala-land for the rest of the journey.
Arrived in the land of smiles 2.5 hours later. We had arranged with Jun (who departed a day before us with her family) @ Tango! Yes, this is becoming our 2nd home in BKK. Took our luggage & traveled on the ever-convenient Airport Rail to reach our destination, all within 2 hours!
 
Always a must whenever I'm in BKK! The food court above Platinum Mall provides quite a wide variety of food, but I'll always head to this stall and order my spicy mama mee noodles with chicken & pork (no vegetables) & they auto give me more noodles, me likey :) 
 
Fling & Jun orders, influenced by me :) The only complaint that I have is the serving is tooooo small, not enough for me to enjoy!
 
Tom Yum soup - after taking a few sips, we discovered something "unusual" inside. Thankfully, we didn't suffer from food poisoning.
The Platinum Fashion Mall
Food Court, Level 6
 
There are a lot of resting places within Platinum Mall to rest your tired legs. After hours of shopping, we needed a drink & headed to Let's Sip Coffee to recharge. They provide free WIFI too! I love places with free wifi #cheapo #auntie

Fling with her hot chocolate.
 
Jun & her latte (I think). This cafe provide light snacks like sandwiches, pizzas and cakes. Not a huge collection, but should curb the hunger pangs.  
 
Deliberately putting their heads further back so my face looked bigger! Wa, next time I should use this as well (^^)
 
A nice place to chill out, slightly away from the crowd :) Have to head off to bed now, but will be back with more updates on the trip - where Fling & me checked out more cafes in Bangkok, stay tuned! 
Let's Sip Coffee
Platinum Building, 1st Floor
Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400
Tel: +66 2160 7277

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails