Monday, June 3, 2013

BKK Jan 2013: Roast Cafe

The first visit was awesome and unforgettable, so I just had to make a trip back to this enchanting cafe. This time round, I brought Fling along as companion. Fling was surprised that I was able to find this little gem in BKK, haha! This area was entirely different from the BKK that she imagined. A different vibe, she said. The journey to the cafe seemed shorter, perhaps I was familiar with the roads and knew where to turn into the cafe.
 
Check out the crowd on the 1st floor! I was hoping that we'll be able to get seats given the popularity of the cafe. 
 
They have changed their table display from my last visit. I was really tempted to bring some of these goodies home, but managed to stop myself, lol! 
 
Hello Ted! What are you doing here? Whenever I see Ted, this image will flash to my mind
.
.
.
.
.
 
 HAHA, which reminded me ~ I have yet to watch this movie! Shall watch it with Leecher during our next movie night @ home :)
 
Couch seats this time round & we had a nice little corner to ourselves with ample space for food + belongings. 

A rare moment of Fling enjoying her bread. Friends of her will know that she hates bread to the core and will "死掉" (in her own words) if she were to eat bread.
Drinks that accompanied our dinner.
 
We didn't get to try any of their signature items previously. This time, I ordered 2 of their recommended items - The original Maryland crab cakes (THB350) for appetizer. Boy boy, once again, Roast did not disappoint! Fling began to understand why I insisted on coming back. 
 
Their signature duck confit, served with baked potatoes, poached egg and salad by the side. Duck confit was well-seasoned, though a tad salty for my liking. So I paired it with the raspberry sauce for a different taste :) 
 
With sister Fling, a converted fan by now :) Looking forward to my next visit!
Roast Coffee & Eatery
2/F Seenspace, Thong Lor Soi 13
Tel: 02 185 2866
Alight at Thong Lor BTS and head towards exit 3 (map & directions here)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails