Friday, June 28, 2013

Carpenter & Cook

 
 After our disastrous dinner at Kim's Family Korean Restaurant, we walked down to Carpenter & Cook for desserts. I have been wanting to visit this little vintage cafe! The place is filled up with vintage furniture that the owners painstakingly collect from all over UK. For vintage collectors, this is the place to get some pieces for your collection. For the foodie & photography enthusiasts, indulge in their pastries and you'll be surprised to find that every corner is so picture-worthy! 
 
The place was crowded when we arrived. Thankfully, we managed to grab a table at the back of the shop.  
I spot a couple of tea cups that I could totally imagine myself sipping english tea in. Leecher seemed to guess my mind and proceeded to order tea for me :)
While waiting for the rest of our desserts.
Latte ($5) for the guys, which they claimed they won't have problems sleeping later. 
Tarts were mostly priced at $6.50. We ordered chocolate sea salt caramel (my fave!), passionfruit meringue and lemon cream. We polished them off - the tarts were oh-so-good. Firm and buttery crust with generous fillings. I almost cringed at the sourness of lemon cream, but that made all of us wanting to have more! Kenneth even ordered 2 more for takeaway to let Meiqin try. 
 
 
I was tempted to go around the shop taking pictures of the vintage items, but was kinda shy to do so in a full-house environment, lol! Needless to say, I know I'll be back for more of their offerings :) Till the next visit! 
 Carpenter & Cook
19 Lorong Kilat #01-06
Singapore 598120
Tel: 6463 3648
Opening Hours: 12pm till 10pm (Tues - Thurs), 12pm till 11pm (Friday), 10am till 11pm (Sat), 10am till 8pm (Sun)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails