Wednesday, June 19, 2013

BKK Work Trip, March 2012: La Tavola

Mid-week & I'm off to KL tomorrow, to embrace the haze, lol! Well, I was checking the PSI readings in KL and apparently, it didn't seem as bad compared to Singapore. Not sure how trust-worthy is the index, but guess I'll be mostly staying indoors apart from traveling to meet up with my clients. Hopefully I can still have a view of KLCC :)
 ********  
Rise & Shine to Day 2 of my stay in Bangkok :) It was a mad rush getting ready to meet my client, cuz I conveniently forgot that the time zone on my iphone had changed to BKK instead of SG. Hence, I thought I still had 1 more hour to the scheduled meeting. It wasn't when I saw the clock on the bedside counter did I realise my mistake!  
 A quick snap shot of my outfit post before I begin my hectic day.
 Grabbed a chocolate chip muffin for breakfast.
A slight jam on the roads & taxi uncle even had time to read his morning papers. Thankfully the jam eased quickly and I was able to reach my client's place on time. *phew*
Back to the hotel after a long day of meetings.
Boy, I was surprised to be greeted by all the super cars when I stepped out of the cab. Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini - you name it, they have it. Though I'm not a car lover, but you just can't help snapping a few pics :P
Changed into comfy flats & headed out for dinner.
 Inside the lift :) This is actually the first trip that I bought Pus Pus out ever since we bought him! Leecher actually bought him the night I left for London, but I did not have the chance to use him to capture the beauty in London. Hence, when I left for Bangkok 2 weeks later, I just had to bring him along! 
 
Chilling out at the lobby, thinking of where to head for dinner & finally, I've decided on a place.
 
Enjoying a candle-light dinner without Leecher. When I first started working, I'll make it a point to have lunch with friends/colleagues every day, for I find it 可怜 to lunch alone. However, as the years go by, I actually find it a joy to lunch alone - having some me-time tucked away somewhere far from the office. 
 I got lazy and decided to just have my dinner within the hotel instead of venturing out. I was actually spoilt for choices as there were a couple of dining spots & I eventually decided on La Tavola, an Italian restaurant. La Tavola means "the table" in Italian & if I'm not wrong, it specifically means the kitchen table.
 
 Diners can chose to chill out at the bar first before proceeding for their meals. The bar hosts a collection of Italian wine, mostly served by the glass.
 
I love the spacious interior, where tables are wide apart from one another so you won't end up eavesdropping at others' conversations. 
 
Open concept kitchen, where you can witness your orders being prepared by the chefs.
 
Always a must to start my meal, rose wine for this round.   
 Bread served warn on a wooden tray. 
 
Pan-fried scallops, yummy! 
Pasta with mushrooms - serving was a tad too big for me. 
 
Bon appetite :)  
La Tavola
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
518/8 Ploenchit Road
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Opening Hours: 11.30am till 2.30pm (Lunch), 6pm till 11pm (Dinner)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails