Friday, June 7, 2013

Sunday Brunch: Relational Goods

 
BFF has always been a fan of Group Therapy, with her numerous raves about the quality of food. Sad to say, I have yet to step foot into the cafe. When they opened a branch in the East, I just had to head there for a visit over the long weekend. This time round, I asked Win & Van along for a double date. 

On a side note, friends have been asking me about my cafe adventures. So, for the ease of scrolling through my countless entries, I've created a new label "Cafes" by the sidebar. Feel free to scroll through the related entries (^^)
 
Dressed in neutral colours, but topped it up with a splash of orange. Loving the new pair of wedges that I bought from H&M :) Best of all, it's really comfy!
 
Hidden at a corner, just next to Fei Fei Wanton noodles, this was easy to miss as it doesn't have a signboard. We drove past this & figured that this must be the place, being the only "cafe-looking" exterior in the area. Why the name "Relational Goods"? Well, it actually refers to goods that cannot be enjoyed alone. They believe that a good meal is one of them, whether one is dining with others, doing a takeaway for home or sharing it on Instagram.
 
I was told they have their own herb garden as well. 
 
With Van, the sweetest da-sao :) She's a pretty good baker too, can't wait to taste her creations! 

 Plenty of room to move around in this little cafe. In fact, I counted a grand total of 4 tables within the compound - 1 long table suitable for large groups, 2 tables suitable for groups of 2-4 and 1 small table suitable for 2 pax. 
 
Service was warm from the start :) We first sat at the long table, feeling kinda awkward. When I spotted that the side table was empty, we asked for a shift and they kindly acceded to our request, even advising us that the table is slightly higher & we may feel a tad uncomfortable. We decided to give it a go anyway, cuz of the better lighting that I can make use of for taking pictures, lol! 
 
A collection of their desserts on display. They have a small corner where you can buy packets of coffee beans/powder, tea, snacks and beer. 
A round of drinks first - hot chocolate, latte, earl grey and carrot juice. They also informed us that their famous burger was sold out for the day, much to my disappointment :( 
psst: I cant' remember the prices for all the food we ate, as Win tore up the receipt & couldn't retrieve it back from the bin.
 
Freshly baked Shepherd's Pie ($12) - minced beef sauteed with caramelized onions, carrots and cannelloni beans & topped with a generous layer of buttery mash.Food were served in old-school plates, exactly like Forty Hands
 
Win's order of Croque Monsieur with smoked ham, bacon and melted cheese ($9). This is one easy to make snack, which I'll be tempted to try it out at home.
 
Happy eating! 
 
Van's order of poached eggs & smoked salmon on toast with Hollandaise sauce ($13). As much as I love my salmon & poached eggs, the thick toast was a tad too much for me. 
 
Saving the best pic for the last, lol! My order of fluffy pancakes topped with blueberries (originally banana but I requested for the change) & strawberries, with maple syrup by the side ($9.50). I wanted to order something different from my usual brunch set & decided on this.
 
Can I steal my da-sao's dimples for a day? 
Love double dates, esp when I get to bully Win :P Been almost 6 years since I've known him from the moment I stepped into Hall 3. 
Candid shot, lol!
 
Please move to Punggol quick! Then we can have our weekly outings :)  
Relational Goods
29 Everitt Road 
Singapore 428576
Tel: 64404282
Opening Hours: 7.30am till 6pm (Tues-Fri), 9am till 6pm (Sat-Sun). Closed on Mondays.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails