Monday, June 10, 2013

BKK Jan 2013: KuppA

I think I've bought my cafe-searching craze to Bangkok, visiting 3 cafes during my short stay. First was Roast for their mouthwatering creations, then to Mr Jones' Orphanage and bask in the childhood memories (not forgetting desserts too!). Finally, I ventured into a lesser-known area (at least to me!) in search for this place.
Before that, lunch @ Platinum Food Court first. Kway Chap with mama mee. In fact, Mama Mee (Shrimp Creamy Tom Yum Flavour) took the #10 spot for Top 10 Instant Noodles of All Time (2013 edition).
While Jun & her family headed out to Chinatown for seafood, Fling & I ventured to another cafe that I located online. Initially, I had my doubts about going for it was a part of BKK that I have yet to venture before. In the end, armed with my trusty GPS on my iphone, we headed there.
After 2 wrong turns, we managed to locate the cafe successfully! Not forgetting we walked a long distance from the BTS station. We were extremely delighted when we saw the sign from afar.
Established since 1998, KuppA is recognised as an exceptional establishment among the top cafes/restaurants in Thailand. 
 
KuppA is also BKK's first dedicated coffee house serving perfect in-house roasted coffee as well as supplying fresh roasted coffee to other fine restaurants and hotels in BKK & SG too. 
 
Anyone fancy a snack/grocery shopping trip? 
 Today & Weekly specials written on chalkboard, clearly displayed at the entrance. 
Immediately, we felt under-dressed in our tops & shorts. KuppA is a casual cafe by the day and contemporary dining by night. Besides the restaurant, they have  KuppA Polo Lounge, Terrace Bar & Spa! The lounge is available for booking on private/corporate events, catering up to 200 pax.
 
Where the action takes place, behind the counter! They have a bigger kitchen at the side as well. 
 Let the feasting begins (^^)
 
 Started with our drinks - Thai Iced Tea & Fruit Punch.
 Potato Wedges to share (150THB), but unfortunately, this came after our main courses :(
 
Fling went for Crispy Duck Risotto (350THB). Though the rice grains absorbed the soak, making it flavourful, the texture tasted more like porridge. Crispy duck was so crispy that it looked like pork floss instead.
 
As usual, a cafe means ordering all-day breakfast for me! I went for pancakes (with maple syrup & mixed berry compote), topped with mushrooms (195THB plus 50THB for mushroom). Besides mushrooms, they have hams, bacon or sausages too. Each side add-on costs 50THB.  The pancakes were moist and slightly fluffy, just the type that I like :) Strongly recommended to add on the sides for variety, for it would have been too boring to eat 2 pancakes dusted with icing sugar.
 
While we enjoyed our girly session, KuppA disappoint in terms of food despite the sophisticate outlook.
 KuppA
39 Sukhumvit Soi 16
Bangkok 10110
Nearest BTS: Asoke
Tel: 66 2663 0450 1
Opening Hours: 10am till late

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails