Tuesday, June 18, 2013

BKK Work Trip, March 2012: Coffee Beans by Daos & Banana Prata

 
*********
I was told that if you want to experience a true Thai institution, you will have to try the cakes @ Coffee Beans by Daos. With royal connections, this cafe has become the place to go for desserts - from their famous cheesecakes to doughnuts. This is my 2nd visit to the cafe, BUT, I didn't get the chance to enjoy their renowned desserts :(
 
They have 4 branches over central Bangkok, so I brought Roger to have his first taste of Thai food at the branch located at Central World. The place was filled with patrons, but we quickly got a table within 5 min.
 
I had to order their hot malt again, which tasted like horlicks sweets that I used to eat. 
 
A must order in BKK, Pad Thai. Actually, pad thai is of Vietnamese origin. This dish was said to be imported to the ancient Thai capital city of Ayuthaya by Vietnamese traders. It was then altered to reflect Thai people taste buds. Pad Thai has since become one of Thailand's national dishes.
 
The other soup dishes that we ordered, but great disappointment. I'll say have a go at their Thai dishes instead. 
 Coffee Bean by Daos
Central World Tower 2nd Floor
Rajadamri Road, Lumpini
Pathumwan, Bangkok 10300
Tel: 66 2 613 1530
Another of my usual hangout place is to visit the night market outside Central World, in search for banana prata snack. 
 
Crispy prata drizzled with condensed milk, yums! This is the most sinful snack, but hey, banana is a fruit! Even though I'm not a fan of bananas, this is one of my must-eat items whenever I'm in BKK. You can find the prata push cart at any of the night markets. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails